The Good House (2022)

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Title: The Good House (2022)

Genre: Drama, Comedy

Director: Wallace Wolodarsky, Maya Forbes

Cast: Sigourney Weaver, Kevin Kline, Morena Baccarin, Rob Delaney, David Rasche, Rebecca Henderson, Molly Brown, Kathryn Erbe, Beverly D'Angelo

Release: 2022-09-29

Runtime: 103

Plot: Hildy Good, a wry New England realtor and descendant of the Salem witches who loves her wine and loves her secrets. Her compartmentalized life starts to unravel as she rekindles an old romance and becomes dangerously entwined in one person’s reckless behavior.

I was expecting a middle of the road romantic drama. That's not what The Good House ends up being. Buyer beware.

It's still a solid film, a harrowing story, a great turn from Sigourney Weaver. Kevin Kline does what he needs to do here, but this is really Weaver's movie. The location shooting is gorgeous, the script gives the key town characters enough time to be a little more than one-dimensional...but again, this is Weaver's movie. Everything and everyone else is secondary.

A bit creepy at the end, but that's by design.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Good movie but a bit heavier than I was expecting. Weaver breaks the 4th wall way more often than She-Hulk does.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Weaver breaks the 4th wall way more often than She-Hulk does.
I felt they worked and most of them got laughs out of my audience. Granted, there were four of us in the theater and I was the youngest by at least 15 years, but, ya know.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks