What's new

The Fugitive...Digital Track Issues (1 Viewer)

DFurr

Premium
Real Name
Don
I hope this the correct forum to post in. If not maybe a mod will move it.

I ran a Blu Ray of the Harrision Ford flix "The Fugitive" this afternoon. The Dolby digital track was NOTHING like the 35mm DD print that I've run in the past. Has anyone else experienced problems screening this title? Separation was spot on but the Sub track sucked....big time. Any ideas? I also remember a few months ago screening a Blu Ray of "Twister" and we noticed the Dolby track was very low and un-impressive where as the 35mm print was kick-ass. What's going on with some of these Blu Rays????

Don

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Um, are you playing your blu-rays through the exact same sound system that you used for 35mm? If not I'd say your blu-ray sound system isn't as good or is not set up correctly. Even though the DD track on the blu-ray isn't lossless, it's still at a higher bit-rate than what would have been on a 35mm print, and my blu-ray sounds fantastic.

DFurr

Premium
Real Name
Don
Yep Mark....the same Dolby CP-500 cinema processor I use for 35mm and those titles are the ONLY two I've run that sounded like crap. I don't have any ideas. I just think I've got a pair of questionable disc.

Jeff Robertson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeff Robertson
Oh....and speaking of which, Warner should re-issue this title. The current Blu-Ray's visuals leave much to be desired. It resembles an upscaled DVD.

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Jeff Robertson

Oh....and speaking of which, Warner should re-issue this title. The current Blu-Ray's visuals leave much to be desired. It resembles an upscaled DVD.
AMEN Brutha!

James Luckard

Second Unit
Real Name
James Luckard
Originally Posted by Jeff Robertson

It resembles an upscaled DVD.

I think that's basically what it is, I read one review online that said it's not actually 1080p, it was mistakenly done at a lower resolution. I don't have the technology to check, but it makes sense given all the complaints about picture quality.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
there was a first edition released of the fugitive that was 1080I. but then re-released as 1080P. I picked up a copy of the remastered one at best buy last week. it was on sale for 10 bucks.

Jacob

James Luckard

Second Unit
Real Name
James Luckard
Originally Posted by TheBat

there was a first edition released of the fugitive that was 1080I. but then re-released as 1080P. I picked up a copy of the remastered one at best buy last week. it was on sale for 10 bucks.

Jacob

How can you tell the difference? On the packaging? I'm assuming the first one is incorrectly labeled 1080p

DFurr

Premium
Real Name
Don
Would a 1080I version have a less desirable sound track than a 1080P? On the NexFlix Blu Ray I ran the other night I had a sub channel working but it was simply useless as special effects sub.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
very good question.

here is a link with some info.

http://forum.blu-ray.com/blu-ray-movies-north-america/88314-fugitive-silent-re-repressing-vc-1-instead-mpeg-2-a.html

Jacob

DFurr

Premium
Real Name
Don
Thanks for that link Jacob. I guess I'm all confused with this home theatre system "lingo"...too many abbreviations ......LOL. I'm a total commercial cinema guy who's experience is all with Dolby Digital processors, DTS cinema processors, SDDS, and 4 track magnetic 35mm film.

I run 35mm in my home theatre with a Dolby Digital CP-500 processor. The Blu Ray player goes into the rear of the processor through a 25 pin connector and is brought up on one of my Format buttons. At this point I've got to assume that the Fugitive Blu Ray is a NON desirable disc to own. Something is wrong with the audio track.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks