What's new

t1g3r5fan

Reviewer
Real Name
Mychal Bowden
One of the most notable members of the British comedy troupe Monty Python, American-born director and illustrator Terry Gilliam is well noted for his films that meld fantasy, drama and comedy. Making his solo directorial debut with Jabberwocky (1977), Gilliam attracted notable success in the 1980’s with Time Bandits (1981) and Brazil (1985) before the box office failure of The Adventures of Baron Munchausen (1989) nearly brought his career to an end. Breaking his own rules – to not work in Hollywood or direct someone else’s script other than one he worked on – he would experience a career rebirth with The Fisher King. Previously released by Criterion on a special edition Blu-ray, the label has revisited the movie for its UHD Blu-ray debut.

The Fisher King (1991)

Released: 27 Sep 1991
Rated: R
Runtime: 137 min

Director: Terry Gilliam
Genre: Comedy, Drama, Fantasy...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
This is Gilliam’s best film, in my opinion. I’ve bought it more times than I can recall. No doubt I’ll break down for one more time, on a good sale.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks