What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

The Family Guy New Season (2005) Thread (2 Viewers)

Aaron Cooke

Second Unit
I don't get offended easily, and although I wouldn't say I was offended by it, I thought the elizabeth smart joke in last night's episode was in pretty poor taste.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean

Nope. Not me!

Oo-E-Oo-Ah-Ah-Ting-Tang-Walla-Walla-Bing-Bang
Oo-E-Oo-Ah-Ah-Ting-Tang-Walla-Walla-Bing-Bang!

:)

Aaron Cooke

Second Unit
I thought it was in reference to elizabeth smart. not positive now and i erased the show from DVR after I watched it so i can't go back and check.

anyway it was the one where her parents say they're so glad to have her back and how they love hearing her play the harp and then they say of course all the songs are about rape.

StephenA

Screenwriter
The only thing I didn't like about Sunday's episode is the Elizabeth Smart reference. To me that's one of the few things where you don't go.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
stephen, NOTHING is too sacred for FG (except for what they bleeped out on the DVDs). i wonder what they bleeped out. =).

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
We've had so many "pretty-white-girls-in-peril" stories on the news that I don't think most people even remember who Elizabeth Smart is.

Ocean Phoenix

Supporting Actor

I thought Family Guy was getting really stale and bad over the past few months, but it has improved in the past two weeks. I quote Sean to point out how I think the one thing that has remained consistently bad (with the exception of a few rare moments) since the beginning of the newest season has been the character of Quagmire. Possibly the worst thing that this Family Guy revival has done is utterly ruin that character. He used to be smooth, clever, and hilarious with his womanizing and brilliant pick-up lines, innuendos, or sexist remarks. Now he's a noisy, irritating caricature that says "giggidy" too much and breaks into song in very unfunny fashion.

Mark Schmitt

Stunt Coordinator
Speaking of ruining characters, I think they mucked up Herbert the Pervert in that episode that he was featured on. He was much better as a simple character with a few good lines here and there.

But I still get laughs out of it, even though I agree with South Park on this issue.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean

No way man, Quag is still hilarious! Too bad for you that you aren't liking it, but to each his own.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
While Quagmire is still funny to me, I do agree that his character is starting to become just a punchline. I wish they'd bring more depth back to his character.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
I enjoyed the episode as well. The Ronald McDonald as the scary clown, as well as some old guy taking on the scary tree.

This was another reminder how scary Poltergeist was to me, when I watched it as a kid.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Count me in as another person who feels that this
season of FG has been very uneven.

Two weeks ago, the gay marriage episode was totally
unfunny. I think I sat through it without cracking a smile.

On the other hand, last week's Poltergeist sendup was
absolutely brilliant. It was probably the best show this
season and a reminder as to how funny this show can be
at times.

While I still remain a huge and loyal FG fan, I think that
the recent episode of South Park where they make
fun of the Family Guy writing techniques (Manatees picking
plots from a tank filled with balls) really drives home the fact
that this show relies too heavily on random references in order
to achieve laughs. I never realized it as much until I saw the
South Park parody, and now, it has become a tiresome
plot device.

I used to really love the random references, but it only works
well when the rest of the storyline is as strong and humorous
as the references they cut away to.

The show has become very weak as of late and I find it a
real shame since FG used to be consistently good week after
week.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
has FG made fun of SP crew yet? i love how FG continually makes fun of the simpsons =).

WillG

Senior HTF Member

Yeah, that is starting to hit home for me as well. But, there's still enough entertaining stuff in there to keep me a fan.

StephenA

Screenwriter
YiFeng: Yea they have on at least one occasion. I forget which episode it was, but I think it was Peter who said something about getting a budget cut which would result in crappy animation. That comment everyone in the scene started to move around kind of like everyone in South Park.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I tell you what, the moment Family Guy stops making those types of pop culture referrances is the day I stop watching.

That's the show's brand of humor and it get's me laughing, so I won't hold it against it in any way.

I also find it funny anytime someone makes fun of South Park as I can't stand Matt Stone and Trey Parker.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryH12
Recent bookmarks