The Complete Mr. Bean 4/29 - not so complete after all?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Brandon Gantt, Jan 24, 2003.

1. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

*Add On*

I just sent a reply off to Bill Hunt at the Digital Bits. Hopefully he's a fellow Bean fan with an A&E contact to help direct our frustration too [​IMG].

2. Peter Canavese

Here's what I sent A&E Home Video--please flood them!

I was profoundly disappointed to discover that "Complete Bean" has been edited and does not represent the complete original programs. This does a disservice to the art and artists, as well as to the audience to whom these programs mean a great deal. My excitement to collect, at last, Mr. Bean from A&E on DVD turned to frustration and apprehension about purchasing any further DVD products from A&E for fear that they have been edited from their intended form. I wholly oppose any such editing, just as I oppose widescreen movies being cropped--to me, edited material becomes unwatchable. Please rectify the "Complete Bean" by offering a corrected disc or discs as needed to replace the improper ones. I hope A&E will earn the gratefulness of its loyal consumers by doing the right thing.

3. JohnS

JohnS Producer

John Steffens
    NEWS!!!

I called a person in charge at A&E and explained the situation.

I was told that I was going to get a phone call and e-mail on Monday, since the set is not officially out yet till Tuesday, and that they have no knowledge of this problem.

I was also told not to give out this persons e-mail and phone number/extension on here, untill this person finds out the problem.

But I did direct her to the home theater forum website and to its thread, so she can see for herself, about peoples complaints.

4. Cees Alons

Cees Alons Moderator

Cees Alons
    This is extremely bad news.
    Wonder if the R2 version happens to be complete! In that case, I need to order that one.

I really was going to buy the R1 version ... oh, well...

Cees

5. Paul.Mc

Paul.Mc Agent

Gee. A&E strikes again. First, their lame excuses for the "Monty Python's Flying Circus" cuts and now this...

6. Curtis T

Curtis T Extra

Someone on DVDTalk has confirmed that their German R2/R4 set does not have any cuts. It includes all the complete episodes.

7. Curtis T

Curtis T Extra

8. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    Sigh. Another very-much-wanted DVD set that will remain on the store shelf. [​IMG]

When are the studios going to hire some quality assurance staff worth their salary? [​IMG]

9. Dan Rudolph

Dan Rudolph Producer

What's wrong with Monty Python?

10. JohnS

JohnS Producer

John Steffens

11. Cees Alons

Cees Alons Moderator

Cees Alons
    I posted a new thread in the Regional Area, in an attempt to compile data about other versions. If you know anything useful about it, please post it there!

(And that thread has a link to this one, so you can come back afterwards the easy way, if you so wish [​IMG]. )

Cees

12. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

Can anyone post a link to these discussions on the DVDTalkForum? I did a search for Bean, and it didn't have anything pop up.

13. Richard Waller

Richard Waller Second Unit

14. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

Hmm, I wonder if A &E refused to fix it, we could get 'em for false advertising. Afterall, they are releasing 'The COMPLETE' Bean.

15. Robert_eb

Robert_eb Supporting Actor

I wish I would have known this before I preordered it. This has already been shipped to me and now I want the region 2 set without the cuts.

Maybe they'll let us exchange the edited version if they were to re-release the "complete and unedited version".

Thanks A&E [​IMG]

16. Paul.Mc

Paul.Mc Agent

As provided by user cloggedmind in the DVDTalk thread mentioned above, here is what is wrong with the Monty Python DVD's:

17. JohnS

JohnS Producer

John Steffens

18. Paul_Nyman

Paul_Nyman Second Unit

[​IMG]

Thank you to those who have got the set and watched it already!!!

My Pre-order hasn't come yet, but I'm really getting tired of these boxset screw ups !! Why are these releases full of blemishes??? I will certainly write A&E about this if they don't get replacement discs issued pronto!

19. Chris Sypal

Chris Sypal Stunt Coordinator

20. LennyP

LennyP Supporting Actor

Ok, so there are several cut scenes, but does anyone own the R4 boxset from Australia? I bought it more than half a year ago but it's still sealed, it has a bit different episode order and I think missing some bits of extras present on R1 set, so it's definetly a different release, maybe the episodes are complete?