What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

The Complete Mr. Bean 4/29 - not so complete after all? (1 Viewer)

I would swear that the first time I saw the pilot episode on my local PBS station, there is a scene in the department store that ends with a woman's skirt getting blown up over her head.

Am I crazy, thinking of something else, or does anyone else remember that as well?

EdwardF

Auditioning
Mike

There is a scene in Back To School Mr. Bean were he absorbs the static electricity from the lightening ball experiment and then he discharges the electricity when he touches this woman which causes her dress to fly straight up as if it were blown up over her head.

FredCampbell

Agent
There is a scene in Back To School Mr. Bean were he absorbs the static electricity from the lightening ball experiment and then he discharges the electricity when he touches this woman which causes her dress to fly straight up as if it were blown up over her head.
I know this scene, but not the one Mike mentioned. I'm starting to think that the only scene I'm familiar with that's missing from this set is the "winning the turkey" segment.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Weird Glitch, has anyone else noticed this? I was watching the First episode on the second disc, and all of a sudden I noticed a weird square peice of Fuzz in the upper right hand corner of the screen. It's not always there, but every now and then it makes an appearance.

Any ideas?

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
all of a sudden I noticed a weird square piece of Fuzz in the upper right hand corner of the screen.
Perhaps it's a logo/photo/sign that's been blurred out or censored for some reason? Does it move with the action, or is it always over the same spot on the set?

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Nope, always on the same spot. Not always there, and not on all the episodes either. It just sort of appears and dissapears at random.

EdwardF - you are right. I fell asleep while watching the "Back to School, Mr. Bean" episode the first time(hey, it happens when you're watching DVD's at 1 in the morning). I rewatched it and the scene I was thinking of was in that episode and NOT the pilot episode.

Thanks!

EDIT: Re-Fixed a typo

Jonathan Kaye

Second Unit
Real Name
Jonathan Kaye
Weird Glitch, has anyone else noticed this? I was watching the First episode on the second disc, and all of a sudden I noticed a weird square peice of Fuzz in the upper right hand corner of the screen. It's not always there, but every now and then it makes an appearance.
I think I can answer that one, although I haven't seen the DVD, but I do recall it from the UK Mr Bean VHS tapes:

If it's a white or white/black square you're seeing, then it could well be the graphic that's added to commercial television here in the UK just before advert breaks (briefly a couple of minutes before the break, then steadily for the 20 or 30 seconds right up to the break, I believe). It seems that the square is (or has been) added to the transmission master tape before broadcast, as I've come across examples before of ITV programmes (of which Mr Bean is one) having the square left on when shown again later; I distinctly recall seeing repeats of programmes in the 1980s where the square was superimposed on top of the older (larger) square from its first transmission in the 1970s.

A similar square is also added to BBC transmissions, but there the timing is for the various BBC regions synching up to the national network programmes, and is probably added live (i.e. not on the transmission master) as I've never come across it on any BBC tapes or DVDs.

If anyone can post a screen grab I imagine I, or a fellow Brit, should be able to identify it!

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
http://www.ninjaturtlesnetwork.com/bean.jpg

Found on the first episode(Second Disc), at around 23:50, and it's there till the end.

My DVD Player picked it up completly, but since the disc didn't let me take a picture with Creative Labs Screen Grabber, I had to route it through my TV Tuner to bypass it. Unfortunatly, in the TV Tuner, you can only see the lower left hand corner of the box, and the arrow points to it...

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Unfortunatly, it only showed up complelty on my Creative Labs PC DVD player. The TV Tuner I had to route it through to get the picture cut it off. But yet, it's a grey/dark white background, in a barley larger than a dime box, that has a thick black border aroudn it. There are also lines moving from right to left at a high pitched pace....

AnthonyP

Stunt Coordinator
Have there been any more information about those 2 (3?) scenes that were omitted released?

Where can one find those scenes as I have never seen them and they sound like they might be worthwhile? The driving scenes mentioned, are they just random stuff of Bean in a car of actual pieces?

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
not that I know of..

But also of note, the Aniamted Bean is coming in a 2 Disc Volume set from the same company sometime in the next month or two..

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryH12
Recent bookmarks