The Chronicles Of Riddick submenu?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by StevenF, Nov 12, 2004.

1. StevenF

StevenF Stunt Coordinator

I was able to get my handson this DVD a bit early. After you go through the Universal Previews section... it comes yo a submenu of which you can choose CONVERT or FIGHT. Once you choose one or the other, it takes you to the Main Menu screen of Play/Scene Selection/Setup/etc. etc.
    What is the reason for the Submenu, other than to change the background of the main menu? I see no benefit to one over the other.

2. TonyD

TonyD Who do we think I am?
    Supporter

Tony D.
    this has been going on since menus have been motion enabled.

what dreams may come does this.
    i think all the star wars dvd's automatically change to a new backround evereytime you go to the menu.

why does it bother you?

3. StevenF

No it doesn't bother me. I was just trying to figure out what its purpose was. On most DVD's... you click on Specal Features or Scene Selection and it takes you to a sub menu.
    On Riddick... you have to choose either CONVERT or FIGHT to get you into the MAIN MENU of the disc itself. I was just curious if one or the other gives you something different on the disc? It just seems out of place as it is an extra step to get to the main menu system.

4. EricW

EricW Cinematographer

i think it might be for if you want the directors cut or theatrical cut?

5. StevenF

Originally I thought of that too, but there is an opening comment by the director talking about the new additions. Plus there is a seperate DVD release for the theatrical version.

6. Chad Ferguson

Chad Ferguson Supporting Actor

Menu leads to the same things cept each have there own hidden features. The Directors cut and Theaterical Cut are on two different discs altogether. It's just a nice tie in with the movie, personally I like it.