The Blacklist Season 1 (2 Viewers)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Patrick Sun said:
Reddington is shaping up to be a truly engaging villain on the TV landscape. This show isn't going out of its way to pull any punches, either.

Come on, Lizzy, figure stuff out!
I'm guessing the following:

The photo that Reddington took out of that book of victims was of Keen's mother. The photo was dated back in 1990.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Regarding the spoiler...

That would not be shocking in the least...and is what I was thinking at the time. Certainly lays major credence to why she was chosen. Taking a small lilt of the Revenge story line here...(one person wronged both...but he can't tell her that yet)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
One thing I don't get on this show unless they are showing them out of order or I missed something, I never saw the higher ups agree to work with Reddington, how did he go from being detained to now allowed to roam around free at will ? He was supposedly the most dangerous person alive and he's allowed to carry on? Also I would think that after he screws a few of his clients and they wind up being captured by the FBI no one would work with him anymore, this show doesn't make too much sense....

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
No, the show has a very sketchy set up. It makes sense within its own internal logic, but the legal and procedural parts don't add up. It's okay, like forensics people who are gun toting cops in CSI or museum employees who are the de facto forensics department for the FBI in Bones. Once you get over that hump, it is what it is.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Hanson said:
No, the show has a very sketchy set up. It makes sense within its own internal logic, but the legal and procedural parts don't add up. It's okay, like forensics people who are gun toting cops in CSI or museum employees who are the de facto forensics department for the FBI in Bones. Once you get over that hump, it is what it is.
The problem is, there are a lot of other humps to get over.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Dave Scarpa said:
One thing I don't get on this show unless they are showing them out of order or I missed something, I never saw the higher ups agree to work with Reddington, how did he go from being detained to now allowed to roam around free at will ? He was supposedly the most dangerous person alive and he's allowed to carry on?
I noticed that too and I think it was just a matter of the writers/producers realizing that any explanation would have come off as too ridiculous so they opted to just gloss over it and hope the viewer doesn't notice. Probably the right decision.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, a review of the The Stewmaker over at AV Club gets into the conceptual problems with allowing Reddington to continue his dealings plus how his high profile arrest would taint his future underworld affiliations. I'm still watching it for Spader's performance and I thought Boone was better in this last episode, but I'm having to really turn my mind off to enjoy this show. The AV Club review...

http://www.avclub.com/articles/the-stewmaker,103761/

- Walter.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Are they planting a future romance for Lizzy? The way she threw herself around the agent and sobbed into him looked a little more familiar than it needed to be. Obviously she's going to be pulling away from her husband as she begins to suspect the worst.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Matt Hough said:
Are they planting a future romance for Lizzy? The way she threw herself around the agent and sobbed into him looked a little more familiar than it needed to be. Obviously she's going to be pulling away from her husband as she begins to suspect the worst.
Let me get this right, the woman has been kidnapped, tortured, drugged and probably thought she was going to die a very violent death in the matter of a few moments and yet she's not allowed to lose her emotions afterwards even with all of her training.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Robert Crawford said:
Let me get this right, the woman has been kidnapped, tortured, drugged and probably thought she was going to die a very violent death in the matter of a few moments and yet she's not allowed to lose her emotions afterwards even with all of her training.
LOL...

My thoughts exactly. Besides if she starts losing her feelings for her husband...she has to go somewhere...why not do two things at the office?

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Robert Crawford said:
It was the way she did it. But perhaps I'm just imagining things.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Robert Crawford said:
I'm guessing the following:

The photo that Reddington took out of that book of victims was of Keen's mother. The photo was dated back in 1990.
After reviewing last week's episode again, the photo of the woman that Reddington took out of The Stewmaker's book of victims was dated 12/90. In the Pilot episode, Agent Ressler reviewed Reddington's history from his file and Reddington went missing after not returning home to visit his wife and child for Christmas in December, 1990. I definite connection there. Is that woman in the photo, Keen's mother? Maybe, maybe not, but one thing is for sure, it's all connected and Agent Keen is part of that connection. I still don't think she his biological daughter as that would be too easy, but he feels a responsibility towards her and her well being. I've read their connection will begin to be revealed over the coming weeks.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I really like the hidden clues about her life partner in this episode... we still don't know what is real but damn it's interesting ;)

I liked the final scene where Red was saying he needed to play the long game because it would be a better investment. You get the feeling that although he has an initial 'list', his 'list' grows and changes on a frequent basis so he can trade when he needs to, what he needs to. I like that element of this.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
If this show goes on for a few years, and then James Spader had to leave the show, I could see NBC putting out a prequel show about Red and his covert "adventures". :)

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Skinny Peeeeeeete!!! So the woman knew he wasn't the Courier because the Courier would have killed her already. YES. Why did the FBI think this was a good plan? Why didn't Red object? Also, why hire someone to carry out a task that, if it fails due to the other party, which is outside of your control, would result in your death? Huh? And yet I still enjoyed it.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
This tends to be the last show I watch on Monday nights, so most episodes I'm nodding off for chunks at a time. I'm glad they're tackling the husband's secret life head on and not dragging that storyline out.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
That disturbing dream at the beginning of the episode had me on edge throughout and I wanted to return to the domestic story rather than the caper of the week. Next week should be really good.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
It's actually doing well any way you look at it. It's NBC first real scripted hit in ages. Unlike last year's Revolution which benefitted early on from its lead-in from The Voice only to see erosion of its numbers over time, The Blacklist is maintaining its audience week-by-week (at least thus far).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks