What's new

The Big Bang Theory Season 7 (1 Viewer)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I wonder if there is a official CBS BBT message board where the members are making the same arguments! :). There probably is a message board there.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Walter Kittel said:
Assuming that Jones wasn't in the film, the Ark of the Covenant would have been taken to Berlin and (hopefully) it would have been opened for Hitler, effectively ending the war.

Awwwwwwwwwwww.

- Walter.
No, they would have still had a "test" opening to make sure everything was ok before presenting it to Hitler.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
RobertR said:
No, they would have still had a "test" opening to make sure everything was ok before presenting it to Hitler.
But, it would have been taken to Berlin to figure out why everybody died. Ergo...eventually...

Regardless the 2nd "movie ruining" on a television show this month(Modern Family having the other one).

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Walter Kittel said:
Damn, I'm getting old. What was the Modern Family gag? Thanks.

- Walter.
Jay and Manny go to a screening of The Sound of Music...

Jay says, kinda loudly, "they get away over the Alps"....to wit a crowd member goes "Thanks..."

Jay replies..."Chris' sakes, the movie is 50 years old..."

(and part of the complete charm, Manny mentions liking a movie that "nobody under the age of 40" should even know about)

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Walter Kittel said:
Damn, I'm getting old. What was the Modern Family gag? Thanks.

- Walter.
Have to be a major Modern Family fan. It was very subtle and I'll bet a lot of people missed it.

Chuck Anstey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chuck Anstey
Walter Kittel said:
Assuming that Jones wasn't in the film, the Ark of the Covenant would have been taken to Berlin and (hopefully) it would have been opened for Hitler, effectively ending the war.

Awwwwwwwwwwww.

- Walter.
I'll take the opposite view. Towards the end of the war, Hitler was the Allies' best friend because of his paranoia and poor strategy. Killing Hitler would have prolonged the war and it is unclear which set of generals would have prevailed after Hitler's early demise, the ones who wanted to end the war or the ones who wanted to win it (or at least sue for peace with Germany keeping some of the conquered countries). So it seems like a reasonable argument to say that without Indiana Jones, WW2 would have had a different and worse outcome (more deaths and some countries remaining under German control). IJ had to be there and do the things he did to prevent history from being rewritten in a major way.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Towards the end of the war, Hitler was the Allies' best friend
I wouldn't dispute that, but Raiders of the Lost Ark is set in 1936. Would Germany have went to war in 1939 if Hitler was not in power? Perhaps not.

- Walter.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I've run into a weird problem with BBT. I have found this show has as much re-watchability as any show I've ever watched. I've watched every episode so many times, when I watch a new one, it seems strange. The characters from season 1-3 are so current for me, it seems odd to see them in present times. For instance, when Penny and Leonard are having dinner as a couple.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
I revisited a lot of the series a few years ago when it first went into syndication but I haven't run into that particular circumstance. The relationships have changed but I don't think the characters have changed that much. Case in point, Sheldon is just as oblivious to those around him as always -

Regarding last night's episode. This episode in particular made it easier for me to identify with those folks who despise (is that too strong a word?) Sheldon because of how he treats those around him. He's clueless which eases the impact of what he is doing, but episodes like last nights make me wonder why anyone would associate with him of their own volition. I enjoyed Amy slamming the door in his face and I hope this foreshadows more of her assertiveness in the face of his completely self-centered world view. I usually like Sheldon's character, but not so much last night.

- Walter.

JMas

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Mason
I thought the scene with Sheldon and the monkey reacting the same was hilarious. How do you suppose they did that? They can do so much with computer animation, yet the monkey looked real enough to make me wonder how they did it.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
JMas said:
I thought the scene with Sheldon and the monkey reacting the same was hilarious. How do you suppose they did that? They can do so much with computer animation, yet the monkey looked real enough to make me wonder how they did it.
They used a trained monkey. Monkey's work for banana's...they are cheaper than peanuts.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
schan1269 said:
They used a trained monkey. Monkey's work for banana's...they are cheaper than peanuts.
So if they had a bigger budget, Sheldon would have been mimicking an elephant? :)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I felt that, too. Sheldon was veering into Chuck Lorre-offensive territory, and losing some of his naïveté. Especially at the end where he was becoming an emotionally abusive boyfriend.That said, it was a funny episode. And the relational problems were very relatable :)

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Someone on another forum floated the theory that they made Sheldon a dick in this episode to plant the seeds for a break-up with Amy. The idea being that the Amy dumping him would cause him to re-evaluate his behavior (within his limits of course) and experience some growth and eventually re-establish a relationship with Amy. Sounds like a reasonable theory to me.

Oh yeah, the Sheldon / monkey responses and Amy's furious note taking was one of the better bits in last night's episode.

- Walter.

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
Could someone take a shot at explaining to me what Sheldon gets from his relationship with Amy?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Dheiner said:
Could someone take a shot at explaining to me what Sheldon gets from his relationship with Amy?
Normalcy. Well a "Sheldon-esque normalcy". His hangout buddy.Their relationship will hit a head soon. I do think the milk is done gone.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
No comments on this weeks episode yet, but I enjoyed it thoroughly.
The song just about did me in though -- just wasn't expecting that level of emotion nor Penny's box with the 11 Page Thank you note.

When did we get to The Cheesecake Factory?

Amy;s In the Zone tag was just killer

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks