What's new

The Big Bang Theory Season 7 (1 Viewer)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I did too.. t made me remember him in Dr. Horrible's Sing A Long Blog.

The entire ep I thought was good. Sheldon's error made me think about reduce and divide and early math, but that's just me

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Some nice emotion in last night's episode, I agree with Nelson about the sentimentality. A fun song performance by Howard and a great fantasy sequence for Amy. Sheldon's "the way mommies and daddies do." had me rolling and then Amy's followup "I'm in the zone." was the icing on the cake.

Very enjoyable episode.

- Walter.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I finally saw last week's episode, The Workplace Proximity via the CBS iPad app. Finally, they got the releases and contracts sorted out I guess and are showing full episodes there! I had missed the episode so I didn't know about the fight with Bernedette and Howard caused by Sheldon's lack of tact. And the fight between Amy and Sheldon too. Plus I missed the first 7 minutes of this week's episode so Howard and Beredette must have patched things up. I'll try to catch those 7 minutes today, likely the web version of the CBS website has the epsideo up and I'm guessing the iPad app and other mobile devices have a delay of a week. I hope that Amy and Sheldon are not on a path of separation. Glad the CBS app is working, I can catch up on Hawaii Five-0 too.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I had an odd dream. I dreamt that Amy had contracted a life threatening disease from one of her experiments. The gang was feeling terribly about it. I don't recall how Sheldon was acting. Must have been from watching last night's Agents of SHIELD episode. The situation was serious so it wasn't a normal sitcom proceedings from the gang.Of course, Bernie got quarantined last week, maybe I was thinking of that too. I don't normally dream about TV shows so this was odd.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
I think the light saber gag took the jokes about Howard & Raj's friendship to a new level this evening. I continually find myself surprised that the actors can maintain straight faces while performing these scenes.

- Walter.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
It really is too bad that this show hasn't been funny since the second season and the writers are just mailing it in (severe dripping sarcasm off)I thought I was going to die as soon as Raj handed the belt buckle to Howard, and then they actually went there.They're going to have sex before Sheldon and I do, I knew itBack off Bow-Tie!He probably stole his wallet too.H-Hap-Happily?Bill Nye, the Restraining Order Guy.How is Bob Newhart still so damn funny?

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
David Norman said:
How is Bob Newhart still so damn funny?
Because he has just about the best comic timing since, maybe, Jack Benny. He can do more with a pause, or a stutter than most current comedians or actors can do with genius-level writers.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
"I remember your girlfriend" :)I couldn't help but notice Bill Nye was limping so this was obviously filmed very recently after his Dancing with the Stars injury. Bob Newhart certainly still has it! I wonder if they will have him back again for more episodes.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
A strong episode, both funny but also touching on serious themes, leading us towards a possible breakup of Sheldon and Amy.And I'm always happy to see Bill Nye the Restraining-Order Guy!

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Another episode featuring Sheldon acting like a bag of dicks. I've sort of defended him in the past as being clueless, but here he was just being malevolent. Of course, Leonard enabled it with his weirdly dysfunctional co-dependancy. I still love the show but 'Sheldon as ass' is getting kind of tiresome for me. Maybe the show has always been this way and it is me. (???)

- Walter.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Sheldon was being rather nasty to Leonard. But it was in character, just as Amy said, pretty dastardly.I knew they'd bring Lucy back! But I'm surprised they had Raj blow it. And again with the girl Penny set him up with. But I suppose that's in character too.

JMas

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Mason
I've stopped watching this show except when Bob Newhart is on. Sheldon is just too annoying to enjoy anymore. I'd rather see the other characters get more airtime.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I thought the DVD bit was the best part. Co-dependency or not...Leonard wanting a win was hubris(which that would have been lost on Sheldon)

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Sheldon does seem to be getting more abrasive and rude. He seemed a bit more toned down in earlier episodes, but now he's just plain mean and nasty. The innocent geek act is starting to get kind of annoying.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Stan said:
Sheldon does seem to be getting more abrasive and rude. He seemed a bit more toned down in earlier episodes, but now he's just plain mean and nasty. The innocent geek act is starting to get kind of annoying.
Yes, and this bothered me a lot. Sheldon just had a major setback in that he was told that he had a big set back when he realized he wasn't as smart as he thought and had that blind luck discovery. Sheldon had some self doubt through the whole episode, and now, a short bit later, he has none of that doubt and still wants to lord his accomplishments over others.

The problem is they give Sheldon moments that should shape or alter his character and then totally forget about it an episode or two later.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks