What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

The Amazing Race 7 (1 Viewer)

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
That was a private charter if I recall. Much different than a commercial flight that has civilians on the plane, not just AR contestants like the flight you are referring to.

Still glad that U&J won!

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Robbie R

Stunt Coordinator

I have to agree that the penalty on U&J did end up being very severe because of the starting time (about 3:00AM), location, and required taxi travel for the last leg of the race. They did have to work that much harder for the win. I just think there have been too many bunch ups in the past couple seasons.

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
We may be thinking of different times, but the one they showed on the recap last night where Lynn and Alex are gloating on the plane about Rob and Amber not making it ("survive this"), only to be surprised when the plane is halted so Rob and Amber can get on is definitely not a private charter. If you have it on tivo go back and look. It is a full size plane and it has civilians throughout.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Those two are not mutually exclusive. I'm not in either camp. Yes, Rob&Amber easily got help because of Survivor on at least a few occasions, but not to the degree that the tinfoil hat crowd moans about. And I don't believe there was a fix for Uchenna&Joyce; they just got lucky at the end of what happened to be the last leg.

Kwang Suh

Supporting Actor
Pfft. I was once late for a flight at LAX. I went to the counter, was totally despondent and said that I was late (I was talking to the counter agent at the same time the flight was leaving). Lo and behold, they wisked me past every security lineup, I didn't even go through the metal detector, and I was on the plane in 5 minutes. This was a couple of years ago.

JasonB

Agent
Excellent season--loved every minute of it and hope CBS keeps the series running!

Anyone know if there's a season 8 in the works? If so I really hope they don't use celebrities of any kind. Bring out the normal/mostly-normal people! :D

Bob-N

Supporting Actor

Yeah, I commented to my wife about that. That was a Jeff Probst question. It didn't seem right that Phil asked the question because IMHO, he's not about causing controversy.

We were both shocked the raceway was extended to get U&J on. I didn't want Romber or Kelly to win so it turned out fine for me.

Did anyone notice Alex and Lynn's comments before U&J came? Comon, Joyce/Uchenna/Joyce/Uchenna....:laugh:

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
But wasn't that the one where the first 5 or so teams to show up before a certain time got that flight and all of the other teams got on the second flight? i.e. 1 of only two possible flights. To me those are different than the standard "find whatever flight you want".

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
Were all these examples of "a few years ago" or "a couple of years ago" actually before 9/11?

If not then I think the U.S. still has some serious problems that need addressing.

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
Congrats U&J, a well deserved victory. Hope the in-vitro works for them.

That's not rumor, it's fact. If they haven't started filming yet, they should within the next 30 days or so.

The show has also been signed for a Season 9

Kwang Suh

Supporting Actor
What, you think hiring more $8/hour guards and not letting people carry nail clippers is somehow effective?

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
In my example I said in the "last three years".

The first time was in April of 2002 and the second time was just last January.

Does that clear things up for you?

Back to the show, did anyone ever find out how long Rob and Amber were looking for the cigar shop? How about the time delta between 1st and 2nd place?

Sean*O

Second Unit
Nothing 'reality' about this TV. I would prefer to witness an honest win over a puppeteered happy ending.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
They had the final 3 couples on CBS this Morning yesterday. Ron & Kelly are no longer engaged, just friends. The host really dug into Kelly about their fighting and her comment about him being a POW. You could just see how uncomfortable she was. I almost felt bad for her. Although, she told people before the show ran that she thought her and Ron only fought once. When she told the host that...Ron's eyes rolled.

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
I guess people will bitch and complain about how easily a terrorist got on a plane when/if the next attack happens. Sad... :frowning:

Back on topic...

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
Michael, the problem is that the security never got better after 9/11. It still amazes me that the terrorists got through those 3 questions they used to ask.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gemini007
Recent bookmarks