What's new

The Amazing Race 7 (1 Viewer)

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Best Amazing Race ever! Ok, I've only seen the last 3 seasons, but this has got to be up there. What a tension filled roller-coaster ride!

Ric

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
I disagree. Last season's finale was better where they had to shove pizza in their face before being able to make the last ride to the finish. It was nothing but flights and cab rides for the last hour and 15 minutes. They should have had a detour or road block in Miami.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
I guess it depends on who you wanted to win and seeing a team that looks like they have no hope, never giving up, and coming out on top.

Travis_S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Travis

With a little help from hours-of-operation bunching...

Hats off to the winners, they were very good. Never discount a betting spoiler, they are always right on!

ChrisDixon

Second Unit
Is it just me, or do others think that CBS stepped in to "cheat" for one of the teams? I guess we're still in spoiler land:

I just don't believe that any airline would re-open the plane and return the tunnel. Anyone who has been to an airport knows that they just don't do that just because someone asked. I have to think that the producers saw that R&A were going to win with no competition and made a quick phone call or two so that at least two teams would "race" in Miami. R&A would have a legitimate beef were they not already married (literally) to CBS at this point.

Chris

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member

They cheated on Big Brother last year live on the air. Wouldn't surprise me. It was very suspicious to say the least. The race was over if they don't get on that flight.

Alex-A

Stunt Coordinator
UGH.

That doesn't even come close to describing how I feel about this. The pilot says yes? Give me a ******* break. That's the biggest load of crap they've ever pulled on this show. Romber had this WON. End of story. I don't care what anybody thinks. The rightful winners were robbed blind at the end. If this crap happens in the next race, they've just lost a viewer.

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
There were several. The glaring example was the golf putting challenge where Marvin's ball it the bottom of the cup first as stated by the rules, but Julie Chen screwed up and they never corrected it and even went so far as to claim they reviewed it.. Others included the challenges where the others would do the middle school looking over the shoulder crap.

A quick search... This site has the video
http://www.tvgasm.com/archives/big_brother/000217.php

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Fantastic finish to a great season. I liked both Rob and Amber and Uchenna and Joyce, so I was happy either way. I'm not going to accuse CBS of cheating, since a Romber win would have been great for them because a ton of people tuned in just to see them--I started off as one of them but after the first episode, I tuned in just because it's TAR.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
OK, so maybe I'm one of the few who's happy. I'll take it. BTW, my sister once got a pilot to have the walkway (whatever you call it... gate?) put back so that she could say goodbye to her boyfriend. Granted, that was 20 years ago...

Tom Brennan

Screenwriter
Real Name
(see above)
I travel a lot and have had many close calls at airports...something like that just doesn't happen in this day and age. I certainly believe that the fix was in and that Rob and Amber were robbed. I did like both teams and was happy for Uchena and Joyce...but if they got ANY help from CBS, they just don't deserve to win.

I can't feel too bad for Rob and Amber... I am sure they got a decent paycheck to air their wedding (not to mention having the whole thing paid for).

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
O.K. So the final was "rigged" by CBS to make sure that there was a "race" in Miami, but I'm still happy that U & J beat the obnoxious Romber. Talk about creative editing! Of course I'm sure they played up the "obnoxious" side of Rob with his constant cocky comments about how he was going to win the whole thing. And they also were sure to keep stressing how U & J were saving their marriage as well as always "doing the right thing" by insisting on paying the cab driver before rushing to the finish line. You can bet your bottom dollar that Ronber would have stiffed the cabbie (which would actually be the intelligent thing to do if the race was actually close at the end.

And let's not forget the stupid POW comment by "Miss America!" So much for them being a couple in the future. Without a doubt the fix was in and CBS wanted to make sure that the fan favorite (as created by the producers) won this whole thing.

Such is the unreal nature of "reality" TV. But in the end I found the show fascinating once more and I will be back to watch the next season not because of the people but because of the locales. That, to me, is the "real" attraction of The Amazing Race. The race around the world still holds my attention and probably will for some time, contrivances or not. The same cannot be said for "The Apprentice" which has seen the end of me as a viewer. I can only take so much pomposity and bad hairdos.

:laugh:

Mark Ram

Agent
I'm so happy a great pair of people won and not some smug and condescending jerk and his girlfriend. Hats off to U & J.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I'm going to have to give a :thumbsdown: to how it ended given the "help" that U&J got to get on that flight to Miami.

Oh well, the other being the misfortune of getting a bum taxi driver (but I would have had the driver call into his taxi company to get directions, or stop and call information or chamber of commerce (something!) if they didn't know where the cigar shop was.

But I will give U&J props for never giving up, and always finding ways to move forward, even it got grim for them, having to beg for money.

Diallo B

Screenwriter
i am happy for U&J. i ran through out my house when they did the begging thing. imo, he could wait 5 min for a lil more money. i am glad that they won.

however, as a person that travels ALOT as soon as the 'pilot' said that they could board i was thinking that this is some b.s. that would never happen in this day and time.

but, i am still happy for the winners.

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
I am happy for the winners.

Anyone see the previews? Rob and Amber wedding? Bla. I hate going to real weddings.

;)

It will be fun to watch fire shoot out of the podium as they say "I do" though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks