What's new

The Almost Official 2004 Austin GTG Announcement & Invitation (1 Viewer)

Craig Chase

Gear Guru
Real Name
Craig
Jimmy - A Texas size Posse ? Heh heh... I am still working my schedule... I may have a BIG snag... A Costume Party my wife has been planning on attending for months happens to be the the 23rd... and I am WAY more afraid of her than you...

Craig Chase

Gear Guru
Real Name
Craig
Nice guy... Owns a VTF-2 if memory serves. Let's see... Curtis, you like Beach VolleyBall and hate Cigars... and you are headed to Texas...

Yep, bring Tex-Amp... ;)

CurtisSC

Screenwriter
Who said I hated cigars?

And I understand there are some great bars in Austin that have sand courts.

My female friend will draw attention away from me as well.

Craig Chase

Gear Guru
Real Name
Craig
I am just messing with ya... Hey, One of my junior partners was visiting this weekend. He is recently divorced and started dating a lady about two months ago... She was with him, and I told him last night this was the happiest he has been in years...

The right girl makes ALL the difference...

Craig Chase

Gear Guru
Real Name
Craig
At first I thought you were going to say ANY girl would make a difference....:D

I gotta hand it to you... you are brave bringing a lady around audiophiles...

Chris Quinn

Screenwriter
Yes, there are bars in Austin with sand courts. One happens to be about a block from the Embassy Suites Downtown.

Don't be too quick about smoking we're talking about Austin not Texas as a whole. Austin is very restrictive on smoking. There are smoke free shows in some of the clubs.

Now, about my bodyguard duties........:)

CurtisSC

Screenwriter
My friend is a pretty good beach volleyball player, she has her AA rating. I have not been playing too much, but if she will tolerate my rustiness, maybe we can get a game in at that bar Sunday morning.

Nice! :emoji_thumbsup:

Chris Quinn

Screenwriter
You're used to 24 hour booze in Cali. No alcohol in Texas until noon on a Sunday. Well, 11am if served with food. It doesn't likely open til noon.

Nhan_H

Second Unit
That's funny. Did you guys see the commercial where a frumpy guy attended some sporting event with his buddies and sent a body double to spend the afternoon with his girlfriend? As it turned out, the body double looked like one of these chippendale dudes wearing a bad wig to look like the frumpster. It was pretty funny....not that Craig is frumpy or anything :D

Anyways, did we settle for a hotel or will it be Victor's house for the listening sessions?

CurtisSC

Screenwriter
Great news!!

Jeff Hipps of Sherwood/Newcastle has agreed to loan us a R-965 receiver for the gathering!

I own the pre/pro version of the receiver, the P-965, and it sounds great and has great features. The R-965 has also been getting some great press. I look forward to seeing how it performs with all the speakers we will have.

Thanks Jeff and Sherwood/Newcastle!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks