What's new

The Almost Official 2004 Austin GTG Announcement & Invitation (1 Viewer)

JackRI

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jack Richard
Great photos, Nhan! Really good to put faces to all the names we've become so familiar with.

While all of those who attended deserve credit for their efforts and contributions, special kudos to those who rearranged their homes to accommodate all that cool equipment. Definitely above and beyond the call of duty.

Craig Chase

Gear Guru
Real Name
Craig
Wow - Nhan, Excellent picture album ... There sure were a lot of good speakers and people there.

Jimmy - Nice job putting this together... this went from squabbling over speakers to some nice fellowship, and would not have happened without you.

Curtis - You new girl is WAY too cute for you, though she needs to shave those legs... ;)

And for ALL of you, there is now a bill being considered in the Pennsylvania Senate which would ban audio GTG's from going to buffets. Something about it being an unreasonable cost burden to the restaurant owners...

CurtisSC

Screenwriter

The bad thing is I already forgot her name. :D

Hey Austin attendees, there was a lot of good music, we all had some good music. There was some stuff that I would like to purchase. Can we each list the stuff we used/played to check out the speakers? I will start:

Ray Montford - Shed Your Skin
Steely Dan - Everything Must Go
Peter Malick Group - New York City (featuring Norah Jones)
Dean Peer - UCross

JackRI

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jack Richard
"Oh, you men are all alike. Seven or eight quick ones and then you're out with the boys to boast and brag. YOU BETTER KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT." -- Spoken by "Elizabeth" in Young Frankenstein, as played the the irrepressible, and irreplaceable, Madeline Kahn. ;)

Curtis, you said you had a "guide" for Austin, but you didn't tell us she was such a DOG!

CurtisSC

Screenwriter
LOL!!!

My "guide" cancelled on me....she had a wedding to go to. I had sushi with her last night though. The fact that I am dating the Cleveland lady didn't help matters.

David McNett

Auditioning
I've already picked up my own copies of the Peter Malick disc and some Ray Montford discs as well.

From my CDs I know we played Air/Moon Safari and Crystal Method/Vegas. Plus the brutal bass pipe organ track 3 from Telarc's Great Organ at Methuen.

Nhan_H

Second Unit
Curtis,

I hoped she made up for such ill-conceived behavior :D

Haven't had sushi for a LONG time. You're making me hungry :frowning:

Scott Oliver

Screenwriter
Great pics Nhan, my dog is such a slut!

Thanks to those that came over Sunday, just wish you guys would have eaten more of the food. Oh well, I imagine you all were still stuffed from the Salt Lick the night before. I hope you enjoyed the music from my system, wish we had more time to spin more tunes.

I won't comment on the sound from the various speakers, as it is hard to fairly judge lesser speakers after your ear has become used to a more elevated sound. I would say that if I had to chose from any of the speakers present at the meet, the Onix Ref1's would be the only ones I would consider as they were the best at maintaining their composure and being true to the music. They were the only ones other than my speakers that would fit into my classification of high end audio.

However really enjoyed meeting everyone and probably my highlight of the whole meet was dinner Friday night where the conversation was quite lively and interesting. Had to take some throat tea that night, as my voice was feeling the pain of talking over all the restaurant noise.

Finally as Hank already mentioned I hope the local Austinites meander over to the Local Home Theater Meets forum on this site and start to particpate in our local group.

CurtisSC

Screenwriter

Well geez...that makes me feel good. She just used me. :D

Scott......if cost was not a factor, I think I would take your speakers out of all we heard.

So...is she a good guard dog? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks