What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Terminator: TSCC, No chapter menu (1 Viewer)

Iconoclast

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steve
Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles Blu Ray No chapter menu for both Season 1 & Season 2 Is there some trick to getting a chapter menu? It seems designed to force you to watch an entire disc in one sitting as if it were a movie. I love the series but, I don’t have time to watch 4-5 episodes in one sitting. So, I must remember the time rather than the episode title where I stopped in order to resume watching the next day. I have tried Top Menu & Sub-Menu with no success. Top Menu brings up the Special Features menu only. I use Panasonic DMP BD80 with latest firmware.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Since this is a Warner title, I have to ask: have you tried hitting the up arrow on your remote? Because WHE originally supported HD DVD, this is a holdover from that format's OS that actually brings up the pop-up menu. Let me know what the result is.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
I haven't watched them on BluRay yet (oddly enough, given my avatar pic) but I sympathize. BluRay menus for tv shows are in their infancy. I recently discovered "extra" episodes of Pushing Daisies I never knew I had, because they were hidden on the second disc (yet when you put in the second disc, only supplemental features are listed, no episodes -- until you hit the magic button.)

And on watching Weeds season 1 and season 2 on BluRay, I didn't notice there's a green down arrow hidden over a green background, which you have to press to discover there are more episodes on each disc.

Iconoclast

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steve
Will_B, you are referring to easter eggs where the studio “hides” certain extra features. To my knowledge they do not do this for main features like the movie or any listed features. Nice Avatar. Stephen, I have a button on my Harmony remote for Sub-Menu (Which is not often used) And after Top Menu failed to bring up a “Main Menu” (Just the extras of special features) I tried sub Menu. It says operation not allowed with the red circle/slash. When the disk 1 is inserted it plays a trailer & then just starts with episode 1 & when the credits are done it begins episode 2. If I press status to check the time it has total time for all the episodes on the disk as if it were a 3 or 4 hour movie. I was hoping someone else who has these same BDs will comment. But, I will try the up arrow now.

OK, the up arrow does nothing when an episode starts & when it is on the Sp. F. menu it just navigates up as expected. But, I use a Harmony Remote & I tried the Sub Menu again & again it said operation not allowed with the red circle/slash. So, I dug out my actual Panasonic remote & tried the sub menu button there & it brought up the typical sub menu & I clicked the pop-up menu option & Voila! There were the chapter titles along with the option to turn on or off the episode intros! So, I figured it out. Now, I need to make my Harmony remote relearn the sub-Menu command.

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
In my experience with Blu-ray players, it should just be a "Menu" or "Pop-Up" button, not "Sub-Menu." I did a GIS for your player's remote and found this image, which shows a "Pop-Up Menu" button right above the up arrow. That's what will bring up the ability to change episodes, which is what you're looking for.

As for the Harmony, what model remote do you have? Their databases are usually very well-maintained for Blu-ray players, so I'm sure your player is covered. FWIW, on my Harmony One, I mapped the "Menu" hard button to the "Pop-up Menu" function and the "Exit" hard button to the "Top Menu" function.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Iconoclast

Will_B, you are referring to easter eggs where the studio “hides” certain extra features. To my knowledge they do not do this for main features like the movie or any listed features. Nice Avatar.
No, quite the opposite. On disc 2 of season 2 of Pushing Dasies, the EPISODES are hidden -- only the extras are shown on the menu that comes up after the disc loads. To see the menu with the EPISODES listed, you have to press another menu button to bring up a sort of overlay thingee that shows the episodes. That's why, after several months, I realized I hadn't seen the end of the show. Turned out to be a nice surprise! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sitcomguy
Recent bookmarks