What's new

Terk Triple LNB vs. Phillips Triple LNB (1 Viewer)

Alan Gordon

Auditioning
Can anyone tell me if there is any difference between these two dishes, if any?! Best Buy has both of these dishes for the same $99 price tag.

Thanks in advance!
~Alan

JamesHl

Supporting Actor
I can tell you that the terk (as well as the other brand of triple lnb I've seen so far that I can't remember which one it is) come with integrated 4 port multiswitches, necessitating a multiswitch with a tone generator if you want to use more then 4 outputs. I would guess they're all pretty similar, though.

Alan Gordon

Auditioning
On BestBuy.com the Phillips' LNB is listed as a "Integrated triple LNB", while the Terk's LNB is listed as "Multiroom", and I don't really know if there is any difference or if it is just two different ways of saying the same thing...

I must admit that I'm not sure of what you were saying (my bad), but my plan, however, is to hook up two regular receivers, and one High Definition receiver, and then split the signal of one two of the receivers to two rooms. I may want to add another later, but that is all for now.

Thanks!
~Alan

Vin

Supporting Actor
my plan, however, is to hook up two regular receivers, and one High Definition receiver, and then split the signal of one two of the receivers to two rooms. I may want to add another later, but that is all for now.
Either one will work for you but keep in mind, neither one offers an OTA antenna input. Both dishes will provide 4 outputs that carry the signal from all three sats.

Vin

JamesHl

Supporting Actor
Since you're only using 3 outputs, you won't need any extra equipment, assuming you get one with a built in multiswitch, which I think all the triple lnb dishes that I've seen have.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks