What's new

TCM Magazine (1 Viewer)

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
My copy of "Now Playing" was a little late this month, so I went on the TCM website to see if I could check the status of my subscription.

I was led to this page:
https://secure.palmcoastd.com/pcd/eServ?iServ=MDI2MzE1ODA5NA==

It states there that the TCM magazine will stop publishing this August! I always look forward each month to my copy, and circle all the movies I am interested in to set my PVR. I tried the online version, and found it very awkward. Printing the entire monthly list is cost prohibitive. Am I the only one upset about this?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
My copy of "Now Playing" was a little late this month, so I went on the TCM website to see if I could check the status of my subscription.

I was led to this page:
https://secure.palmcoastd.com/pcd/eServ?iServ=MDI2MzE1ODA5NA==

It states there that the TCM magazine will stop publishing this August! I always look forward each month to my copy, and circle all the movies I am interested in to set my PVR. I tried the online version, and found it very awkward. Printing the entire monthly list is cost prohibitive. Am I the only one upset about this?
Yeah, I don't like it, but that's the business world we live in today. People don't read magazines like they used to.

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher
The decision to end the print version must have been a very recent one, because the May issue has an ad for subscriptions.

cineramafan

Auditioning
Real Name
Jim
I am disappointed too. I took the magazine for granted. Glad I saved some issues just for the photos and articles. I hope this doesn't bode ill for Turner Classic Movies, the channel. Remember AMC before commercials? I dread the day "tasteful" ads begin to run, a la Public Television. I hope Turner has some kind of trust set up so that we never have to endure the commercialization of TCM.

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob
I doubt there is any carryover to TCM, the channel. As noted, fewer people read print magazines of any kind any more. The hosts like to brag about how many young people watch TCM habitually, and they are the least likely to subscribe to a print magazine.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks