What's new

TCM Big Screen Series: Singin' in the Rain (1 Viewer)

Bob_S.

Screenwriter
I guess no one went out to see this? Took my family Sunday night to see it. I haven't seen the blu-ray yet but the picture quality was beautiful!! Not my favorite musical but thoroughly enjoyed it. It was a thrill to see the singin' in the rain number on the big screen. Probably the best looking classic movie I've seen so far in the theater.

telzall

Stunt Coordinator
second star to the right; straight on til morning
Real Name
joe
I guess no one went out to see this? Took my family Sunday night to see it. I haven't seen the blu-ray yet but the picture quality was beautiful!! Not my favorite musical but thoroughly enjoyed it. It was a thrill to see the singin' in the rain number on the big screen. Probably the best looking classic movie I've seen so far in the theater.
I went Sunday afternoon. Theater was virtually empty. Shame, really. I always enjoy this one. I love Debbie's first musical number outta the cake!!

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Seeing it tomorrow afternoon. Checked out seating for Sunday and Wednesday screenings. They're sold out in the theater where I'm seeing it.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
As I stated in another thread, I watched this in a movie theater when the Blu-ray was about to come out.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I just saw it, it was good despite numerous glitches that lasted a frame or two of the type you see when a piece of equipment needs to be rebooted.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Wanted to see it tonight as it is the greatest musical ever imo but alas couldn't make it. :(

Bob_S.

Screenwriter
I enjoy SITR but it doesn't make my top 5. For me, no musical will beat WOO. However, I'd say the Gene Kelly SITR number is my favorite musical number of all time! Then again, try doing it in ice skates. Love this Kurt Browning number.

Last edited:

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I enjoy SITR but it doesn't make my top 5. For me, no musical will beat WOZ. However, I'd say the Gene Kelly SITR number is my favorite musical number of all time! Then again, try doing it in ice skates. Love this Kurt Browning number.

Woz? Did you mean WOO..wizard of oz?

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
My girlfriend and I went on Wednesday. I had seen this at the same theater a couple years back with a very large crowd. There were probably around 150-200 people at this screening, which is a lot more than normal for this series at this theater.

This theater plays classic movies each week with REBEL WITHOUT A CAUSE and SABRINA coming the next two weeks before we get AN AFFAIR TO REMEMBER. I joked on Facebook that I don't go to the movies any more unless I already own the film at home.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
There is an April 10, 2022 tcm screening for the 70th anniversary listed on regal cinema’s website!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks