What's new

Target Buy 2, Get 1 Free 2/11 - 2/17 Movies, Books, Board Games (1 Viewer)

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Available online and in-stores. Starting Sunday *2/11 - 2/17*
Buy 2 Get 1 Free (mix & match board games, movies and books)
Items can be from any combination of board games, movies and books.
Lowest priced item will be free. Excludes Wonder movie and books, Cards Against Humanity and Exploding Kitten games. Quantities limited, no rain checks.

This was a very popular sale last year so I'll break it out of the overall Roundup. Last year a lot of 3D titles were available at very nice prices as well as Warner Archive and Criterions. The 3D selection is dwindling online and down to rare in store. It appears that Target have removed almost all the Warner Archive titles, but many/most Criterions are still available and most of the usual 39.99 MSRP titles are priced at 25.99 (online only) including most releases through Q1 except the last week of March possibly .

This makes 3 Criterions for $52+tax (49.40 with Redcard). 16.50-17.30 +tax is a pretty good deal making it very competitive with Criterion Flash Sales including the Loyalty discount and BN member with 50% sales (unless folks stocked up on a bunch of 15-20% discounted GC during NOV).

A lot of 4K newer items are $25-30ea

Last edited:

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
My Target's Video selection area is getting mighty slim.
By ordering online you avoid having to find a parking space etc. and you have access to Target's vast warehouse of goodies not in the store ...

Of course, the porch pirates are another issue ... :(

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Available online and in-stores. Starting Sunday *2/11 - 2/17*
Buy 2 Get 1 Free (mix & match board games, movies and books)
Items can be from any combination of board games, movies and books.
Lowest priced item will be free. Excludes Wonder movie and books, Cards Against Humanity and Exploding Kitten games. Quantities limited, no rain checks.

This was a very popular sale last year so I'll break it out of the overall Roundup. Last year a lot of 3D titles were available at very nice prices as well as Warner Archive and Criterions. The 3D selection is dwindling online and down to rare in store. It appears that Target have removed almost all the Warner Archive titles, but many/most Criterions are still available and most of the usual 39.99 MSRP titles are priced at 25.99 (online only) including most releases through Q1 except the last week of March possibly .

This makes 3 Criterions for $52+tax (49.40 with Redcard). 16.50-17.30 +tax is a pretty good deal making it very competitive with Criterion Flash Sales including the Loyalty discount and BN member with 50% sales (unless folks stocked up on a bunch of 15-20% discounted GC during NOV).

A lot of 4K newer items are $25-30ea
It doesn't appear the Criterion titles that I pulled up are eligible and these titles are released like The Breakfast Club, Election and Monterey Pop. Also, the same for many 4K/UHD titles released or being released in February.

This Buy 2 Get 1 Free sale is definitely more restrictive than the one last year.

Last edited:

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Lots of confusion across the masses on items not on the exclusion list not working. I'm not sure if Target site is having trouble applying the discounts or they decided to severely limit the eligible items. I guess maybe the sale was far more successful last year that they really wanted. Preorders were allowed last year, but I'm not seeing any of them on the list either . The regular versions of Dunkirk, Ninjago, Hacksaw Ridge, Wonder Woman, LaLaLand, IT, Blade Runner 2049 are on the list, but many of these have have already been far cheaper than the B2G1

Find a qualifying item like Batman vs Two-Face and you can click on the sales banner seems to pull up 8000 total items, 1600 movies -- I can't figure out a way to filter just blurays.

If this is the full list, I completely apologize for the thread and the hopes that Target would use the same rules as last year

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Lots of confusion across the masses on items not on the exclusion list not working. I'm not sure if Target site is having trouble applying the discounts or they decided to severely limit the eligible items. I guess maybe the sale was far more successful last year that they really wanted. Preorders were allowed last year, but I'm not seeing any of them on the list either . The regular versions of Dunkirk, Ninjago, Hacksaw Ridge, Wonder Woman, LaLaLand, IT, Blade Runner 2049 are on the list, but many of these have have already been far cheaper than the B2G1

Find a qualifying item like Batman vs Two-Face and you can click on the sales banner seems to pull up 8000 total items, 1600 movies -- I can't figure out a way to filter just blurays.

If this is the full list, I completely apologize for the thread and the hopes that Target would use the same rules as last year
That's what I'm thinking as I don't expect Target to adjust this sale to the same parameters as last year because they lost money on it.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
No apology is needed, Dave. I'm happy you posted this thread as I was able to buy Blade Runner 2049, It and Stranger Things Season One on 4K/UHD.

Keep up the great work informing us about these sales.:thumbsup:

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
II'm glad someone could get some deals -- some of the Disney sets aren't bad if you aren't a DMC member.
Oh well -- Criterion Flash Sale is upcoming. Some folks are hoping it will be as early as Feb 13 with the 2 big releases though I still think the most likely date is 27th

t looks like about 450 BD's and most of the list appears to exclude any of the items that would be online only. I'm not sure to call it Bait and Switch, but extremely disappointing

https://www.target.com/c/board-games-movies-and-books-sale/-/N-3u1mqZ5zk8z?clkid=ac496ddaNa30734e9367cbc46edb8fe35&lnm=81938&afid=bluray

about 70 4K
https://www.target.com/c/board-games-movies-and-books-sale/-/N-3u1mqZy8mj2#clkid=ac496ddaNa30734e9367cbc46edb8fe35&lnm=81938&afid=bluray

and 5 3D items
War for the Planet of the Apes 25
Desp Me 3 17
Sing 28
Lego Batman 30
Fantastic Beasts 30

Last edited:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

https://www.target.com/c/board-games-movies-and-books-sale/-/N-3u1mq?lnk=Boardgamesmovie

Click the "Movies" button at the top, then use the format options at the left to sort as you like:

upload_2018-2-12_11-56-26.png

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks