What's new

Swan Diva's not balanced? (1 Viewer)

inthezone

Grip
Real Name
Dave
Hi, just read a great review of the Swan Diva 6.1 (though I've been leaning towards the 5.1s). It says for a 5.1 system, the L/R's are not balanced and over power the others--so he doesn't use them for HT, just audio? I tried to post a link--but I don't have my 10 posts in yet. It was on audioreview.com.

Can't you "balance" your speakers with your receiver? I'm planning on a Pioneer Elite VSX-82TXS, and assume you could set the level for each individual speaker independently, or am I wrong?

Also, does Swan Diva have its own website? I've only see them on vendor sites.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
The "reviewer" doesn't know what he is talking about. It is pretty common for people to think they can just hook up whatever they have on hand, not do any calibration or have any concern whether the speakers can even blend with each other, then blame the speakers/receiver/whatver when it doesn't sound right.

inthezone

Grip
Real Name
Dave
That's what I thought. I plan on tuning my system to perfection! Once I get one that is.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne

Either that guy doesn’t know that his receiver will adjust the volume of the other speakers in relation to the mains, of his idea of “overpowered” has to do with something other than the relative volume of the speakers.

Here’s Swans’ website.

http://www.swanspeaker.com/

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks