What's new

SVS PB 10 decision (1 Viewer)

Daman

Second Unit
Hey Everyone,
Have finally decided to go in for the PB 10 after reading exhaustive mails on the forums and am very impressed by its reviews. I currently have a Polk PSW 303 which i got on a deal, i think the SVS would be a huge step up from the Polk Sub. Posting this message cause i need that final coaxing from you guys :) Have managed to convince wife today evening and want to go ahead before she changes her mind :D For info i have a Yamaha HTR 5790, Pair of Energy C3's(mains), Energy CC1(center),Energy CR1's(dipole surrounds) and Energy C1's(rear surrounds) and though not relevant here but a Infocus 4805. The Polk Sub would go in the bedroom with the Polk Rti's and Fxi's i use for Bedroom HT. Please help me go for the final plunge :)
Thanks!
Daman

Eric Hargrove

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Daman,

I have Polk Lsi speakers in my home theater and they are great speakers. That being said, I have SV subwoofers for the bass chores. There is simply no comparison between the two. It would easily take several of Polks' best subs to equal one PB10. SVS has a 45 day return policy so all you would stand to lose is shipping. I would be extremely surprised if you chose to send it back. Go ahead and pull the trigger, you'll be glad you did

Daman

Second Unit
Eric! Thanks a lot for that message, i will pull the trigger tonight on the sub :D How long does it normally take for the Sub to ship(this for those guys who recently ordered PB 10), i will be ordering the Tan color - which is in stock(saw theres a back order of 2 weeks on the black ones) since it matches in color with my Energies.
Thanks again!
Daman

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Your going to be glad you did Daman. Here is a little teaser for you regarding what to expect. This FW sweep was done in my 2880^ HT room. I have the the PB10-ISD in our 12 X 12 den now and I Figure it will extend even a little further. I need to do another SP in it's new location to confirm though.

16Hz---74
17Hz---80
18Hz---87
19Hz---85
20Hz---84
21Hz---85
25Hz---84
30Hz---85

Of course I could have pushed it much harder but for this purpose it is not warranted.

Congrats!

Eric Hargrove

Stunt Coordinator
I believe (Ron from SVS could tell ya for sure) SVS is finally pretty much caught up from the overwhelming amount of preorders they had to fill so it should not take long at all to get one delivered. It should have no problem pressurizing your home theater.

Himanshu_S

Stunt Coordinator
I actually ordered the PB10 on the Dec. 3 at about 5 p.m. central time. I received the shipping information today and it's scheduled for delivery for this friday, 10th. So it takes about 3 business days to process the order and 2 days to ship(UPS Ground). I would order one now so that by next weekend you'll have the SVS all to yourself :) I'm also hoping that it will satisfy my needs. I would really hate it if it disappoints me.
-Himanshu

Daman

Second Unit
Thanks for your inputs Steve, 16 hz wow!! I believe ive never heard anything lower than 30hz(though the polk i have claims 25hz upwards), so ill be looking forward to the ultrasonic bass!! I probably wont need those bass shakers im using anymore and probably would get to know my neighbours as well :D
Eric, i sure do hope i can get the delivery soon, because once ive ordered it ill be impatient as hell till i have it in my room. I have another question, does the PB10 really require corner loading or would one wall suffice as well? The way my room is setup the only position i have available for sub is in front of a wall but not a corner and i certainly dont want to miss out the knock your socks off wow factor :D

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
Eric's right. After several very long shifts in the factory (management just loves seeing those OT bills ;^) we're all but caught up. Expect starting tomorrow that PB10-ISD orders will ship out in 1-2 busiess days.

I know, you can say "I remember when I had to wait a MONTH for my PB10-ISD."

Tell that today to kids, and they just DON'T believe you.

Nope.

Truth though.

Thanks for your patience, those with 'em know it was worth whatever wait they endured.

Ron

Daman

Second Unit
Just ordered the SVS!! Tan in color, Man I am excited like this after a long time.. just like the way i used to be excited when i was a kid and this feeling is awesome:D
Also asked for a extra SVS logo to put on the front plate when the grill is off and Ron promptly replied as well that he would be glad to help me out there.He also mentioned that they might be able to ship it as early as friday!! Woweeee!!! Thanks a lot for the quickest response ive ever seen Ron and.. Neighbours, here i come!!

Blaine_M

Second Unit
Daman,

I just got mine Monday. You will love it. I don't have mine in a corner, it is not far off though. My wall is about 12 feet wide and it is about 1/4-1/3 of the way over. I tried putting it in the corner last night, it gained about 1-2db, but doing that I have to move furniture to places I don't like, so I moved it back. I'll be getting a bigscreen next year, so then I'll probably have to change it and put it in a corner, but I'll wait until the time comes to mess with that. The box is huge! The sub is very heavy, and it just looks cool. Nice thing is my buddies haven't heard of SVS, so Tuesday when we watch the extended ROTK, they will all be wanting one!

Daman

Second Unit
That sounds sweet Blaine :) get a big screen next year or better yet get a projector for same or lesser amount as a big screen, the RPTVs or Plasmas just cant beat the sheer image size you get from FP's :D
Himanshu, i ordered mine last night and almost 5 minutes later got a mail from Ron telling that he would ship it out this friday which is tomorrow. Seems like they would be shipping both our SVS's at the same time. I am really looking forward to giving the new ROTK a spin next week and see how this beast performs! I'm pretty sure it wont dissapoint either you or me :) Keeping fingers crossed!

Blaine_M

Second Unit
I'd do that Daman, but the room just won't allow for it, too much light. I'll go either LCD, DLP, or LCOS, depending on what the best product is at the time. I wouldn't be surprised if SVS started putting that logo on sub now, I asked for one earlier as well!

Daman

Second Unit
I think it was from your post here only Blaine that i got that idea of the logo :) thanks for mentioning it in the first place. Regarding FP, the last house i was in- it had 6 windows and 2 open doorways one of which opened to the kitched which again had very bright light in it. But i still went for the FP because i normally watch movies after evening hours only when its dark. Even in the morning by using blackout blinds and drapes i was able to watch movies to some extent though it wasnt as good as in the night(see the link on my signature to see the photos of the older HT setup i had). But ill still say it was worth it. In the current house i have light control to a large extent so can enjoy movies and HDTV during wide daylight also. Each to his own i guess, the bottomline is you should be finally happy :) But i just can help myself saying, the FP is the only thing which will get a bigger or similar WOW! from your friends as your new SVS :D so if possible try it out for a week or so, you can always return it(which you probably wont)

Blaine_M

Second Unit
I'd like to , but I know it just won't work. That is also our primary TV. Wife watches TV there during the day sometimes, she wouldn't go for something that wouldn't allow her to have blinds open and watch tv at the same time. My next home hopefully will have a dedicated HT room, or , if I ever finish my basement I'll go that direction.

Daman

Second Unit
Yes, I agree, that is an issue. One normally would need a secondary TV at least if one goes for a FP. I have a TV and HT setup in bedroom which is primarily used for cable watching. One really cant watch FP all day with lights out. Hope you are able to set that basement up and have the dedicated HT there. Meanwhile let us know how that demo of ROTK with your friends goes :)

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for your inputs Steve, 16 hz wow!! I believe ive never heard anything lower than 30hz(though the polk i have claims 25hz upwards), so ill be looking forward to the ultrasonic bass!! I probably wont need those bass shakers im using anymore and probably would get to know my neighbors as well:D
__________________________________________________ ___

I would venture to say the PB10-ISD is going to change your whole outlook on bass Daman. It's really worth the investment. Can't imagen you not agreeing after you get it dialed in.

I had plans on a lesser sub in the den but who was I kidding except myself. I wanted the PB10-ISD for a second SVS option out in the main HT but after incorporating it into my other system, I'll never switch it out. Call it a simple case of denial but my wife saw right through it.:) Guess I'm short a sub again.

Have you mentioned what size room your new toy will be going in Daman? I've looked back and didn't notice where you have mentioned it?

Daman

Second Unit
Steve, the room is around 12.5 X 20 feet. Also attaching a diagram of the current setup which i had sent to Ron to get his view on the sub placement. He mentioned that the current placement of the sub isnt very good and that i should probably move it on the left side of the main couch..

Talking about wives :) It took me a great, great, great deal of convincing for this one :P Luckily she agreed and im sure it would be worth it when we hear that ultrasonic bass.. looking forward to hearing that reverse sweep from Fellowship when Sauron is destroyed in the beginning :D and also U571.. Thanks for your inputs, just waiting till next week now..

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
He mentioned that the current placement of the sub isnt very good and that i should probably move it on the left side of the main couch..
__________________________________________________ ___

Is that a corner on the left side of the main couch? If it is> that worked out very well in my situation. I put mine under a corner table to the right of the main couch which was to the left of the secondary couch.

Nice work in presenting your situation and it looks as though your placement will be optimal with Rons help.

Once again Congrats and I hope you enjoy your new ultrasonic bass producer as much as I have enjoyed mine.:emoji_thumbsup:

Daman

Second Unit
Thanks Steve, it was a quick work with Paintbrush :D Yes Ron mentioned the point between the 2 couches- the place just above the word "couch" in the diagram above. Is that the same thing you have also done with your setup? Just for fun today i was fiddling with the Polk sub i have and put it in the rear back Left corner of the room. The Bass was definetly reinforced but i sort of felt it a bit localizable or maybe its just in my head... Have you had an issue with the localization of the sub or did the SvS just blend in nicely? Congrats to you as well on the PB-10 and thanks for your wishes :) Im just counting the days now...

Barry_B_B

Second Unit
Real Name
Barry
Daman,

I'll be setting up my theater in a room similar to yours in size but without the open hallway on the left and instead of a glass door there's a fireplace, same layout except dipoles on side walls. Is this also used for music? Was curious to see how this sounds. :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks