What's new

SVS PB 10 decision (1 Viewer)

Daman

Second Unit
Barry,
Yes i also use this for music, i have a few DVD-A's and SACD's and also run the occasional MP3's and regular CD's and sometimes my Ipod too. It sounds pretty good to be honest though i had to do play around with the speaker levels a bit to get their levels right.Would suggest you take your time with it too because it took me 2-3 rounds with my DVE and SPL meter to get it right..
The setting is totally awesome for movies now. The sound is diffused in the rear so i feel more immersed in the scenes. Watched Bourne Identity again last night and was blown away with the car chase scene :) This was the first DD soundtrack i really loved.. i mean comparable to DTS..
If possible i would have had an option to lower the side surrounds to ear level(while sitting) for music as i feel it sounds better that way for multi channel music. But then I watch more movies than music so am very happy with this setting :D and im pretty sure youd be too :emoji_thumbsup:

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Just for fun today i was fiddling with the Polk sub i have and put it in the rear back Left corner of the room. The Bass was definetly reinforced but i sort of felt it a bit localizable or maybe its just in my head... Have you had an issue with the localization of the sub or did the SvS just blend in nicely?
__________________________________________________ _

When I first placed it there I thought maybe a little. I did jockey it around a little a inch this way and that. What a guy needs to do is give it a few weeks or so. From your description, I would pull back the calibration a db and give yourself a chance to get used to it. Some placement options a guy knows right away that its a no go but then others warrant a little time. Since your mostly a movie fan (like myself), I would give that placement option your best effort. Also the PB10-ISD having a lower tuning point and much more quality of a sub> will be more (much more) apt to blend in.

When I switched back to my PB12-Ultra/2 in the RF corner due to the PB10-ISD going to the den, it took me awhile to re-adjust. Same happened when I switched over to the 10-ISD from the U-2. We seem to get used to what we're used to:) You most likely will experience this first-hand switching over to the SVS sub from the Polk. You will never be able to get used to sub-pare bass in the future though, no matter what.

Daman

Second Unit

Thanks for the reply Steve.. Im pretty positive what you say would come to be true and i probably wont like my Polk much after that :D The scheduled delivery is on tuesday- the same day as ROTK EE is also coming out :) PB12 Ultra would be totally awesome!! I would love to hear that sometime if i get a chance.I tried audioenvy.com but there seems to be no person in my area with an SvS leave alone PB12.How would you compare PB10 to PB12 ultra though i know they arent exactly in the same league..
Ill give the placement a try as you said, probably 2-3 weeks and see how it goes, otherwise ill try Ron's suggestion of keeping it beside the couch -only reason im not doing that in the first place is cause it would block the passage from one side. Thanks again for responding back :)

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Ill give the placement a try as you said, probably 2-3 weeks and see how it goes, otherwise ill try Ron's suggestion of keeping it beside the couch -only reason im not doing that in the first place is cause it would block the passage from one side. Thanks again for responding back:)
__________________________________________________ ___

Rons suggestion is of course very good and also worked out very well in my situation except if it weren't for the WAF. That was part of my reasoning in suggesting the back left corner as a option worth trying out.

>>>How would you compare PB10 to PB12 ultra though i know they aren't exactly in the same league..

Daman

Second Unit

:D That is a huge compliment coming from the fact that you fare it so well with Ultra/2. Yes i have the same issue as placement as you mentioned so the current sub is also in the bottom left corner now. The first day i was feeling the bass a bit localized but yesterday watched TTT and didnt feel the localization now. Things will improve a lot more with the PB10.. Thanks again for all your inputs Steve,really appreciate the help :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks