What's new

SVS in Canada (1 Viewer)

Terry St

Second Unit
It could be a good move. Ultimately, the real measure of success is whether or not they can actually get SVS subs to Canadian consumers at *lower* prices, so I'll wait to see what Sonic Boom Audio's prices are like. Hopefully they aren't a woeful dissappointment like deepdiscountdvd.ca was.

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
Well if you have a perfectly good subwoofer, no need to upgrade perhaps ;^) We're more focused on those enthusiasts who saw SVS products as attractive, but didn't want to deal with the cross-border hassles, exchange rates, border fees, and barriers to returns or slower than optimal parts/service shipping.

Prices with Sonic Boom Audio (SBA, the spin off from Electronics for Less) are actually a tick lower than what we were able to deliver to your door so I can't imagine a better scenario than what these guys have rolled out.

You don't set up dealer operations to create lower prices per se. That's a nice goal of course, but having local sales/service and even local pickup of your products (should you be in Ontario or nearby) ...with prices that are arguably as good ... (or even somewhat better when you do the math) is more than we could ask really.

Figuring in tax, shipping and the rest from the past, we're confident any careful consideration of prices now will make costs a wash in the worse case (with some small reductions in other cases), all with far better convenience and easier access to our products (it will take a while to fill up the warehouse pipeline with the most popular products of course, and this is more a SVS limitation given current export loads on our factory than one from SBA). If better/more convenient access and largely stable prices is not seen as a win/win by consumers, I don't know what would be. Putting a reseller who can work with you directly in-country was/is going to mean pressure on prices no matter what you do, but SBA has done an admirable job of keeping things aggressive as possible and still ensure the levels of service we expect from a Dealer.

Anyone looking for big reductions in our already too-low (from our CFO's standpoint) prices might be disappointed, but businesses don't work well on charity. Consumers will vote with their wallets as always, and we're reasonably sure SVS will now be an even more attractive competitive option than in the past.

Ron Stimpson
SVS

Terry St

Second Unit

If the prices are competitive then you've done well. Given similar prices, I would have to agree that dealing with locals is a no-brainer. DeepdiscountDVD.ca's prices are significantly higher, even after shipping, duties, etc. from their american branch are factored in. That was why I was a being bit cautious above.

I'm happy with my current sub, but if any of my friends decide to get a sub I'll certainly point them in the right direction. :D

Travis R.

Agent
I am one of those crazy Northerners that did not want to get into any cross border hassles and I must admit I am siginifcantly interested in having SVS subs and speakers lauched out of the True North.
I have been waiting to buy a sub for a while now not sure which way to go and I must admit I am more inclined to buy a SVS sub now I can pick it up in Toronto or have it shipped to me in Ottawa with little to no hassle.
I cannot see it being a bad idea, there are many Canadians on this forum and others looking to get good information and SVS have a long list of testimonials with this forum so it can only lead to more sales north of the US border.

Just my thoughts

Cheers.

Travis

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mattbuffalo
Recent bookmarks