What's new

SVS Black Friday Deal: SB12-NSD & PB12-NSD on Sale Starting 11/20! (1 Viewer)

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
Deal link here: https://www.svsound.com/pages/subwoofers#nsd-series

Per SVS' Facebook page:

You asked for it, our scorching pre-Black Friday Deal is back with double the sizzle! The acclaimed SVS SB12-NSD subwoofer returns at $399.99, a full $280 off the original $680! And we heard you, so the PB12-NSD subwoofer is now available for an amazing $499.99, $300 off the original $800. These are one-time deals with extremely limited supplies, so move fast to unleash SVS caliber subwoofer performance for historic low prices! https://goo.gl/o2ejry

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I should add that SVS was offering FREE ground shipping when I ordered. Not sure if that's an ongoing thing, or if it was just good timing on my part, but it definitely sweetened the deal.

It should definitely be an improvement. I've never really had what I would consider a high quality sub. The two I've had over the years (first Yamaha, then Lava) have been OK most of the time, but neither seemed to be able to handle the deep bass of modern HD soundtracks and would always make a banging/rattling sound when pushed hard. Hopefully this one solves that issue.

I purchased a Polk sub for my mother's HT system several years back, which seems to work better than what I've had, and I was close to purchasing one for myself when this sale appeared. For a few dollars more, I figured I'd try the SVS. If I like it, I may look at some SVS main towers next. My current main fronts (Pioneer CS-G403's) are probably about 25 years old. It's funny, there's a YouTube video that has these labeled as "vintage". :eek:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
If I like it,

LOL%20Sign.gif

I just love my measly little PB-1000! :D

full

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I should add that SVS was offering FREE ground shipping when I ordered. Not sure if that's an ongoing thing, or if it was just good timing on my part, but it definitely sweetened the deal.

It should definitely be an improvement. I've never really had what I would consider a high quality sub. The two I've had over the years (first Yamaha, then Lava) have been OK most of the time, but neither seemed to be able to handle the deep bass of modern HD soundtracks and would always make a banging/rattling sound when pushed hard. Hopefully this one solves that issue.

I purchased a Polk sub for my mother's HT system several years back, which seems to work better than what I've had, and I was close to purchasing one for myself when this sale appeared. For a few dollars more, I figured I'd try the SVS. If I like it, I may look at some SVS main towers next. My current main fronts (Pioneer CS-G403's) are probably about 25 years old. It's funny, there's a YouTube video that has these labeled as "vintage". :eek:

Yes, free shipping is normal for SVS.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I still have my big ole tall SVS sub running 17 years now.
Only once time it got blown out and they replaced it and I'm pretty sure it was out of warranty.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Hey everyone, I received a free SVS T-shirt with my PB12-NSD, but it's an XL and I'm just not that large. SVS has graciously offered to send me a medium, so I'm willing to pay it forward and give the XL to someone who can actually wear it. I'll even cover shipping.

First person to PM me with their address wins! :)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Ya know, Doug...and Malcolm...we haven't really heard enough about these new subs you guys have taken possession of.

Unless, of course, you have posted your impressions in other threads.

Howzitgoin'? :D

dpippel

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Ha! Too busy watchin' movies for that Mike! ;) Seriously though, I need a little more time to live with mine and then I'll be happy to give some impressions. I need to an Audyssey recalibration on my system this weekend however. I ended up moving the sub from its initial room position and haven't had time to re-run it yet. So far though, the PB12-NSD is a winner in my small space! Now...

DOESN'T ANYONE WANT A FREE SVS T-SHIRT?!?!?

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I've only watched one film so far with the new sub (Spiderman: Homecoming) but was pretty happy with it. I'm not sure I have any more/better LFE than I had, but at least the sub doesn't rattle during the super low parts (though it did rattle the closet door in my living room during the lower LFE portions of the film).

I also need to do a re-calibration, so maybe that will create additional improvements.

dpippel

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Hey everyone, I received a free SVS T-shirt with my PB12-NSD, but it's an XL and I'm just not that large. SVS has graciously offered to send me a medium, so I'm willing to pay it forward and give the XL to someone who can actually wear it. I'll even cover shipping.

First person to PM me with their address wins! :)

Sorry folks, but the shirt has been spoken for.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks