What's new

Black Friday 2009 sales thread (DVDs/BDs/videogames/HDTVs/players) (1 Viewer)

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Running an Errand for my Mother I stopped by Best Buy and picked up I'll be Home for Christmas. Looks like most of their bins have been picked clean. Want Season 8 of Smallville? Fuggadaboudit! All in all I picked up 4 DVD Box Sets and 14 Movies this year, along with a Snowglobe and a Christmas Tree Ornament (Got those for

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
I did all my BF shopping online, except I got my wife to drop by Target in the afternoon (on her way to the supermarket), and she apparently picked up their last copy of the WoOz BD along w/ the 1-disc GwtW BD for $12.99 each -- they ran out of Gremlins, so guess I'll just wait for a sale after it goes to a "wide" release. For some reason, I thought the $12.99 WoOz BD was also just a 1-disc version, but she brought home the 3-disc Emerald Edition for that price. Had also ordered a Lensbaby 2.0 from Amazon the other day too.

Would've liked to find a BF deal for a decent digital piano, but that doesn't seem to be in the BF mix.

_Man_

RyanAn

Screenwriter
I worked at Wally till 9am and found out my PS3 bundle pack was sold out. :( The $10 Blu-Rays were wiped out except for several copies of Ice Age:The Meltdown and Coraline.
Went to Target it was still swamped, passed.
GameStop was packed as well.
Still looking for a TV online... and a GPS.... Amazon's got some great cheap Blu-Rays.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
If you were at the East Greenbush Target, Ric, I might've seen you!
Mike, I actually went to the Best Buy in Saratoga (figuring I could avoid the Albany madness) and hit the target in Clifton Park on the way back!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Went back to another Target and picked up Gremlins, Gone with the Wind, and Wizard of Oz, all on BD for the $12.99 price. Also picked up Star Trek VI and VIII on BD, as Fanboys on DVD at Best Buy, this was all on a return trip from getting my old car's emissions tested for vehicle registration.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
DVDEmpire's currently selling the new version of the Stargate BD plus seasons 1 and 2 of Weeds BD at a BF(?) sale price of $9.99 each -- they're out of stock right now, so not sure how long you'd have to wait for them to restock though.

Also, they're currently offering free shipping w/ no order minimum.

_Man_

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
My father picked up a Vizio VO420E from Walmart for $648+tax today. For his price range (and insistence on 1080P over a decent 720P plasma), it's a very nice display.

nickGreenwood

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick Greenwood
ended up getting Ghostbusters BD for $12.99 and Star Trek: First Contact BD for $7.99 today. I'm a happy camper. :)

David_Jr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
Ended up crossing the "thin blu line" got the Insignia BR player from BB. Also a laptop from BB for the family. Got the doorbusters from BB on line Thursday morning, 2 Xbox games for 34 each and Monsters Vs. Aliens blu & ST Wrath of Khan blu. As for Target got 2 xbox games for 37 each, but they were completely out of GWTW & TWOO blu by the time I got to the store at 10:30. Also out of the DSI Mario bundle so I bought the regular DSi black. After leaving the store found the DSi bundle at Game Stop for same price and yes they had stock. Bought it, back to Target and return regular DSi, no questions asked, just handed me the dough. Didn't get to Walmart till about 1. They were pretty much out of any blu I was interested in by then. Also did some Amazon shopping, got the Transformer ROTF blu for 12.99 on lightning. Got Gladiator blu and Ice Age DOD blu for 10 each and got UP 4 disc blu for 20. Tried to get home from shopping with my wife by 3:00 for the lightning deal on XMen blu trilogy for 29.99. Got home at 3:35, already sold out, still available for 47.77. Passed. I'll probably pick it up at BB this week for 39.99. Also considering 007 QOS blu for 10 at Amazon cyber Monday.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
So far Cyber Monday is a bust but these are two good deals for gamers:
http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1709195

http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1704265

Sam

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Going back a little upthread. . .Mitsubishi DLPs are much less expensive than comparably-sized LCD or plasma sets of any quality. (Currently, the 65" is $1499 at Amazon.) I can't comment on the reliability of Mitsu DLPs, but I can say that after two years with it, I am very, very happy with my Toshiba 65". IMO the image blows away any LCD or plasma (not counting anything in a much higher price range, which I haven't really looked at).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks