What's new

SVS & BFD Setup - Thanks! (1 Viewer)

PhilDi

Auditioning
Well, after tons of reading (mostly on this site) I took the plunge and bought an SVS CS-Ultra sub and a BFD to use as a parametric equalizer. I am using a Rotel 1056 AV receiver, and a mono-bridged Adcom GFA-555 to power the sub.

Based upon all of the reading on the site about BFD setup, I anticipated at least 3 hours to get things set up correctly. Thanks to the BFD Setup Guide by Sonnie Parker and the Room EQ Wizard by John Mulcahy, it only took me about 45 minutes!

I took manual measurements of SPL, imported the measurements into EQ Wizard, and "asked" the EQ Wizard to give me the required filter settings for the BFD. I manually added a couple additional frequencies and again "asked" EQ Wizard to optimize the settings. Since I haven't posted at least 15 times on this site, I was not allowed to link to my graph. But it looks pretty good.

I could probably do some fine tuning of the filters to get an even better result, but I'm pretty happy with the house curve that I ended up with.

The point of this thread is to thank everyone who has posted on this subject for making this a painless process for me.

Thanks,
Phil

Chris Huber

Second Unit
Yes, I'd like to thank everyone for helping out in my thread too. SVS 20-39PC+ sounds great with the BFD.

Sonnie Parker

Second Unit
Well gee... I wanna see some graphs.

Shoot me an e-mail with the link to the graph and I'll post it for ya. If you can't post a link in the e-mail through here then just shoot me a direct e-mail through the BFD Guide site.

MikeyWeitz

Supporting Actor
Wait until you get a usb souncard and a midi cable and use roomeq wizard.
I have done the BFD manually many times beofer ( afew with wizard). Tonight, I hooked up the midi cables and USB and after the intial calibration and setup of the thing, the actualf sweep and settings took 10mn.
Tomorrow, when I do it again after reading about some adjsutments, the whole thing will only take me 5 or 10mn tops and that INCLUDES importing the filters into the BFD.
Real Nice!

Sonnie Parker

Second Unit
Mikey... when you get a chance I'd like to have a copy of your graph to post on the BFD page. I'm gonna place several of the BFD user graphs at the bottom to show the pre and post BFD responses. You can e-mail the excel graph to me if you don't have a way to post it or host it. Once I place it on the BFD page you can use the url for posting the image anywhere you like.

MikeyWeitz

Supporting Actor
You got it Sonnie. When I redo it it in a few hours I will get it to you.

BTW, thanks for your BFD setup guide. It helped tremenedously when I 1st got my bfd.

Sonnie Parker

Second Unit
Thanks Mickey... I mean Mikey.

You know I had to do that... I was reading another post where you had asked why people were calling you Mickey. It's pretty plain it's not Mickey, huh?

MikeyWeitz

Supporting Actor
I think so.
Givce me another day or 2 to sort my stuff out. Still learning this roomeq proggie :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks