What's new

Survivor: Tocantins (1 Viewer)

StevenW

Second Unit
Very boring episode. Someone lost a tooth and that was the extent of excitement for the episode. boooo.

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
Why the heck was Probst so set on him keeping his tooth? It's not like he needed it. I thought that whole, tooth episode was bizarr! Boring episode.

Stephen_L

Supporting Actor
So long Spenser, aka "Invisi-boy" in our household. Just last week my family was watching the show and Spenser walked by in a non-descript shot, and none of us knew who he was. You knew he was toast this week because he got so much air-time for no good reason: he was lousy at the challenges and appeared to not do much alliance building. I now have a stable of faves and villains to make the season interesting. First, JT is one tough hombre. He nearly won the challenge by himself and shrugged off a broken tooth (which hurts like heck) as no big deal. As a straight shooter with serious challenge skills he better watch his back, cause he's a serious threat. Against my better judgement, I like Tyson, even though he's coming across as a villain. He's comes off as a flake, but he's playing serious game. He's willing to let others be leaders, but he smelled a rat with the Taj and Brendan alliance. Initially I liked the cross tribal alliance idea hatched by Taj and Brendan but now realize it's fatally flawed. It only works if members of your foursome are the only ones that go to exile and that generates suspicion. Also you spend lots of time away from your tribe: you lose the opportunity to connect with your tribemates which makes you an easy choice to vote out when the time comes. (Look what happened to Sugar last year: she had no friends on that final jury) Taj is fun to watch but hubris and foolishness (giving the idol to Stephen) will be her downfall, and I predict it will happen soon. Coach continues to believe that he is the pinacle of human evolution despite the complete lack of any evidence to support his assumption. But dang, he's fun to watch.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
I didn't think the episode was boring.

Brendan appears lucky that his team won immunity, since they seem to have figured out his secret alliance with the other tribe.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

And--I'm not certain--but the preview made it look like one of those "never before seen footage", "get to know the players" type of shows. That's the kind they usually would pick to show on Thanksgiving night...so maybe that's what they will do during the NCAA tourney.

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter

Odd, I broke a tooth and had the piece and my dentist didn't use it to fix my tooth. Learn something new every day.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
Jeff's interest in the tooth could have been a liability prevention move.

I wonder if any of Spencer's tribemates suspected he was gay. I watched the immunity challenge again and didn't see where he was that bad... only a couple of others stood out as good. Spencer seemed mediocre at it like most of the rest.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Spencer said that Sydney figured out he was gay--I wouldn't be too surprised if his conversation with her as well as his "I'm not sure whether I should come out to them" comments were taken from earlier in the game.

Yep, the next episode is the dreaded recap--I actually do enjoy these since they contain fun little scenes that don't really matter in the story but are still too good to be left as online bonus footage. But after a 13-day break and only five episodes in, it seems less than ideal.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
I know that basketball affects the schedule, but did they skip a week in previous years? I thought they just shifted to Wed for 2-3 weeks in a row. Wonder why it's different this year.

Great way to lose the flow of the storyline, with 3 weeks between real episodes.

Michael:M

Supporting Actor

It's not unusual to have a week built into the airing schedule where there's no new ep. Most seasons have a clip show halfway through.

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
So what's the point of fighting over immunity idols if nobody ever has the guts to use them? Taj would have been dead meat if JT turned on her.

Although I do think that Taj making a fake idol was a great idea - one of the best moments I've ever seen in this game.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Jeff Probst has stated in his EW blog that one of the rules for the HII is that it cannot be taken from one player. The questions is, if Taj hides it in Stephen's clothes, is there an actual transferrance of ownership or does Taj have to actually offer it to Stephen for hm to be able to use it? In my mind, HII transferrance must be agreed upon by the original owner. Besides, Taj is the one who stashed it in Stephen's pants, so it's not like she actually gave it to him.

I think Erinn will flip (I couldn't tell if Joe selection of Erinn to accompany him to Exile was shrewdly strategic or accidental horniness), and if Bredan and Sierra joins them, they could take out the rest of Timbira and then activate the Exile alliance.

How obvious was it that Sydney was leaving when Joe told her she had "a free pass"? That was before the credits.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
People have made fake idols in three of the last four seasons before Tocantins. This episode would've been amazing if JT and Stephen turned on Taj while possessing the idol she found--JT would be one of my favorites if he had the balls to do that.

Best moment of the night, at the immunity challenge:
Joe: "JT, do you want me to do the shooting?"
Tyson: "I can do it for you if you want." :laugh:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks