What's new

Survivor: Tocantins (1 Viewer)

Mr. Film

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Keegan

God that guy bothers me!!! He seems like he's way to into him self and yeah Sierra is smoking!!
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif
htf_images_smilies_dance.gif
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif
htf_images_smilies_drum.gif
:emoji_thumbsup: :D :eek:
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif
htf_images_smilies_blush.gif
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
The premier's focus was that you really can't trust first impressions,
and perhaps neither should I.

I am not very comfortable with this new batch of survivors. I don't
know --- they don't seem as diverse as last season (which was my
very first exposure to the show). There isn't anyone here I particularly
like, and the "hotness" factor is a bit lacking. Yeah, there's Sierra and
the Brunette, but I don't think Sierra is going to last more than another
two weeks.

Still, I am happy to see this show back.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
The thing to do, Ron...is to just sit back and let the show take you on its ride.

I cannot tell you how many times we all get together and grumble during the first few weeks of each season but then as we cross the half-way mark start saying things like "best season ever!"

One thing about Survivor: it rarely fails to entertain...even when the producers don't succeed in staying out of the way.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Didn't really pay much attention to the show, will rewatch this weekend, but first impressions....

Sandy will be gone soon. Lacking the brain power to compete in this game. Not only the deal with "paces" but it looked like she was randomly picking any direction to search, either forgetting or not seeing the single palm tree. Big mistake not to begin work on her camp and take all her solo journeys looking for the idol. She may regret that.

Coach seems like an easy favorite, but he needs to stay under the radar for a while.

Hopefully we won't have so many team shuffles like last season. Felt they unfairly stirred things up and some lousy players continued on simply because they got lucky and suddenly had the majority after a shuffle.

Even with things getting a little repetitive, the producers do manage to keep trying out new things, we'll see how well they do this season.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

I'm afraid I can't comment... :angry: In between seasons I switched from Time-Warner cable to Dish Network and, for some reason, the local CBS affiliate isn't being carried in HD on Dish. :eek:

This is a situation that sucks...plain & simple. I really enjoyed last season in HD and was one of the people screaming for this show to be shot in HD! :angry:

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I can't comment on picture improvement either as I just switched
from DirecTV to FIOS, and, I found the hidden Tivo setting that lets
you go from GOOD QUALITY to BEST QUALITY recording so everything
looks that much better.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Is that a TivoHD setting?

I'm a viewer by marriage; my wife is a highly invested viewer of Survivor. I half-watch and let her fill me in on the amusing bits I miss. I am mezmerized by the daffy Sandy. Somehow she survived the first round of eliminations. Being that loony and clearly not a threat could get her pretty for into the game.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I had to laugh when I read that someone mentioned that Sandy has a Jerry van Dyke quality about her.

David Deeb

Screenwriter
Real Name
David

That happens to us long time fans almost every single season. Don't worry. Give it a couple of weeks and they'll be old hat and familiar. You'll be rooting for a few, and hating a few.

I love Survivor.

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
I would think that any HD DVR would always record the stream exactly as it receives it, so what's this "quality" setting all about? I can only see that being useful for analog channels. Hard drives are so cheap these days...

I haven't watched Survivor for the past couple seasons, but I noticed that it's in HD now (missed that last season) so thought I'd give it another look.

I'm glad they booted Carolina and her whiney voice (and blindsided her thoroughly, too), and by the look of shock on Sandy's face, she wasn't in on it. Carolina was easier on the eyes, but Sandy's crazy and crazy is fun to watch too.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Michael:M

Supporting Actor

Absolutely true. Most seasons take a few weeks to really take off. I've watched every season but one, and I don't even bother learning names until 4-5 weeks in. I'm sure this season will get better over time.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Goodness, do a google search on "candace smith" (safe search off), and you'll see more that just an attorney at work (NSFW). I might have to revisit "Beerfest" (under-rated comedy).

This show is running out of mammaries fast!

Taj is no second coming of Cerie. What an idiot to let her hubby's name out of the bag.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks