What's new

Survivor Panama Exile Island season 12 (merged) (2 Viewers)

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
It will interesting to see how the alliance of four including Shane works out. Shane is one of those, now I’m in and now I’m not, kind of guys who will likely both self-destruct and take some others down with him. The sooner the other three realize that the better.

That group would have been better off recruiting the other guy and dumping him.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
They have to stop showing anyone's vote at tribal council. Makes it way too obvious who is going home.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
How come Bobby was not involved in any strategies at all? He wasn't in the alliance of four, and wasn't a boot candidate. He was just there.

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
Either it was the editing, or maybe Bobby realized he wasn't a target yet so he decided to stay under the radar while they were going after Melinda and Cirie. It's almost like one of the unwritten rules of The Apprentice boardroom when Trump is after someone else, don't open your mouth and give him a reason to come after you!

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
As I mentioned in the "Challenge" thread, I believe that we are being set up a bit by CBS's creative editing with Shane. It was so obvious that he would be going ("Pick me! Pick me!!!") that he didn't go. All it takes is selecting clips to show and leaving out others to make things appear differently than they will play out. If everything were to go as the clips show then there would be very little interest after a time.

(Of course, in the spirit of full disclosure I have to mention that Shane is one of my final four picks. Doesn't mean I have to like him, though.)

:laugh:

Dalton

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dalton
I think Shane will be around for a while. I read an interview with Jeff Probst recently and he singled out Shane and Cirie as two of the best players that have been on the show in quite some time. He went as far as saying about Shane:"this guy is a homerun. I would have him on every Survivor if i could. You just never know what he'll say next". Seems to me like Shane plays a big part in this season.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
The promo from next week shows how the decision to exile someone is made:
The tribe that wins the reward challenge picks someone from the losing tribe to be exiled

Sounds good to me; can't wait to see how that turns out.

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
So after the immunity idol is found, will they keep giving clues to the exiled ones? Otherwise it might be possible to figure out who has the idol if you are exiled right after it is found.

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
One thing I was wondering about is why they cut the music short, if they have time to do that recap they should have time for the entire theme song! It's probably all about getting their ads in but this is only the second episode, too early to cut the theme short like that.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
I agree; although the recaps have been way too in-depth for a few seasons now. A 30-second "X won reward, Y won immunity, Z got out" should suffice.

Granted, I would rather them cut the theme song and give us an extra minute of the show, but since I know that if it were cut, the extra minute would go to commercials, I really think it should stay in there.

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
I like the idea of an extra minute of real episode footage in exchange for the theme song even better, and the recap's really take up more time than they need to, at this point Survivor is probably not going to bring in many new viewers anyway so no need for such elaborate recaps. Probably a moot point anyway since any extra time would probably go to more commercials in any case like you said.

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
I usually skip the recaps (they're too long) and the opening credits (especially later in the game, when I don't need to see a whole bunch of players who are gone). I can usually just start watching 5 minutes in.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
This was an absolutely fantastic episode; probably one of the best pre-merge ones ever. The immunity challenge was extremely entertaining, and this was the first time in a while when I had no idea who was going to be booted...great work, Burnett!

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member

Crappy work by the "censoring" dept. This is absurd. The fake censoring is more distracting than the butt cracks.

Both challenges were great, don't agree with the move though.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
That was one of the rougher immunity challenges just because it was a melee at times depending on the strategy being used by the different sub-groups.

I was really disappointed in seeing who got the boot tonight. Ah well...

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
I don't agree with the boot either, if it was for overall strength it was probably the wrong move, very solid episode though in any case, but they cut the opening theme again.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
I've got to agree it was a very entertaining episode. I wish Misty had stayed a little longer.

Why didn't they show the next clue for the location of the idol?

Matt^Brown

Supporting Actor
I think it was a smart move by the older men to get rid of Misty. I'm sure they could tell that the younger men were getting sucked in by the beauty of the women and figured that they had better put a stop to it right now. I hate to see the eye candy leave but it was a very strategic move.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks