What's new

Survivor Panama Exile Island season 12 (merged) (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Tina would've been on the last season of Survivor, but her son died before she could travel to the filming location, so then she got invited to be on this edition, but I think 4.5 months was too soon for her.

Where do the producers find these people who haven't seen the show or understand the social dynamics of the process?

Danielle's the same way, she only wants to compete her way into the game, and probably doesn't have much in terms of a social game for now. She does remind me of a younger Megan Gallagher.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
I’ve thought for a long time that the producer’s actually try to find a few clueless contestants. In this case it worked well to pit Tina with her good physical games skills and lack of interpersonal awareness against Chris who apparently is one of the most ill-suited contestants ever from a physical survival perspective, but who knew well how to drum up the votes.

I actually thought that she had overplayed her hand during the voting, but apparently she knew she had the votes well in hand.

Once thing I like about having the older/younger split is that there is less opportunity for the ‘eye candy’ only contestants, as the split is even.

OliverT

Stunt Coordinator

This would only be true if you could give immunity away after the votes...I'm under the impression it can't be used that way(???). Otherwise, you have to use it to save yourself and whoever has the 2nd most votes gets booted. Of course, if there are two alliances with a clearly defined split the idol is the trump card if you can get the other alliance to vote for the person who has it.

I think Misty overreacted in basically claiming she found it. That could easily come back to bite her...I'd certainly want to force someone with the idol to give it up to level the playing field. If I were her tribe I'd vote against her 3-1 if we thought she had it. If that happened and she didn't have it...bye bye. Her best move now would probably be to tell her tribe she doesn't have it...they'd love her for that.

I find it ironic that Shane is wearing a Livestrong band. How about putting that on after you give up the cancer sticks?

ot

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter

Based on what I wrote above, forcing her hand would be risky, since Misty would then hold the cards as to who got voted out.

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen

For Cirie:

"Do you WATCH the show?!"

Seems like it'll be a fun season. I LOVE that the buried idol can be used AFTER a vote. What a great twist. :D

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
It was an act. However, hiding that thing has to be impossible. You should be able to give it to staff.

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter

Thanks. Didn't remember that. Last season I started yelling at the screen every time Probst made the offer as it was wasted air time. They could have just edited it out. Makes me feel a little better that someone actually did it once. My beef is that I enjoy watching these people actually interact in camp, try to survive, etc more than the challenges, so I didn't want them to waste time on empty words. It seems like the editing has shown more challenges and less camp time recently.

OliverT

Stunt Coordinator
Yes...we KNOW you can give away the immunity you win at the immunity challenge. It wasn't mentioned whether or not the idol that is found can be given away. I'd guess it can't but I don't know (it wasn't offered as an option last season under slightly different rules).

ot

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Jeff Probst said in his media teleconference that the idol can be given away...so if your ally gets booted, you can give it to them and you're in good shape. :D Also, he said that the idol will be re-hidden once it's used.

I liked the premiere a lot; we were introduced to a lot of great characters and people to root for.

Mark Kalzer

Second Unit
It's an interesting dynamic. It makes it problematic to vote as a block. Certainly you could have six votes out of the ten people, but you don't want one of your own being picked off. You need to consider second place votes, and who the people being voted off are voting for. Here you may want to intentionally work in votes for a secondary target, however doing so may hurt your chances cause you less votes going to who you want. It can get very confusing I imagine.

I guess the big deal is, no one is at all safe here unless you hold immunity.

RyanAn

Screenwriter
I liked the season premiere, however I wish this was a 2 hour premiere instead of like last years. I hope it is not a new trend.

I think that there already could be a merge or switch up as of next week's episode. "If he wants to leave, let him leave!" - Of course, she could be refering to a time where they see eachother at a challenge.

Ryan

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
It's been revealed in press releases that:
there is a pick'em next week, and we end up with two tribes

so that explains how she knows about it.

As for extended premieres, unfortunately, they no longer do them because CSI gets higher ratings. :frowning: I wish they'd at least do them for odd-numbered seasons, which usually premiere a week before the new CSI season and are followed by a CSI rerun.

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
Anthony, rather than odd numbered seasons, I wish they'd just get over using the flawed Nielson ratings for programming decisions. (or at least revise the process to include a larger sample size)

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
I agree; and I personally think that if you have a longer premiere and you get to know the players more, there's more of a chance that casual fans will continue tuning in throughout the season.

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
Interesting start for this new season. 4 tribes, exile island, hidden immunity that can be used AFTER being voted off...this could be really good.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Great episode tonight, although I was really annoyed with Shane and hoping he would go (I have no tolerance for anyone who even contemplates quitting on this show).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks