What's new

Survivor: All Stars - 8/31 (1 Viewer)

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
I can try and do that, though it may be better if I suck up to the Paramount/CBS people and ask about it later on. I tried to get Elise Doganeri (TAR) for the panel I'm putting together, but she just left to shoot season 9 (darn!). She's very nice on the phone.

Gord

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
That's a shame; she was very interesting on the TAR1 bonus features. But if she can't make the panel, then I can't think of anything better than shooting TAR9.

Hopefully you'll be able to get some info on both shows.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Heard anything yet? With less than three weeks until TAR7 and a little more than 2 months until Pearl Islands, I'm already getting anxious for any news on the next releases. :)

Norman Matthews

Second Unit
Personally, I've been hoping they'd move away from the spoilerized packaging. If that means further inflating a neverwas like Rupert, so be it.

I know it goes against every big-head instinct they have, but I'd like to see them go back to the All-Stars design model. Sure, it looks a little crowded, but those who haven't seen the season yet don't have to buy it, unwrap it, put it on and take it off the shelf, and change each disc with their eyes closed if they want to maintain some semblance of suspense.

Norman Matthews

Second Unit
Heads up! OLN is showing the DVD-absent All-Stars highlights/recap episode next Wednesday, 2/15, at 9pm and 12am (technically Thursday), for anyone who wants to record it and slip it into their All-Stars box.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
David or Gord, I'm not sure if this info is available yet, but is there any possible timeframe on Survivor: Palau? I'm hoping that with all of the commentary being recorded before the release of the Pearl Islands set they're aiming for a May release (to tie in with the season 12 finale).

So my two questions:
1. Approximately how far in advance would Paramount announce a May release?

2. Do you happen to know if they're planning to release any other Survivor (or Amazing Race) sets this year besides Palau?

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I think a May release is possible, thinly, but there is enough of Par's May slate already announced that I think a title this major is unlikely to be announced this late into the game.

As for June, there was a bunch of TV-DVD's just announced the other day, and almost all from the CBS division. And Palau wasn't among them. So that's not sounding good for June, either, though there's still room for more releases. But how many CBS division TV-DVDs will Par squeeze into a single month?

That's why I think it may be July or even August before this hits stores. Heck, when does the next contest start after Exile Island? Maybe they'll save it for that tie-in.

As for more Survivor (or Amazining Race) this year, I just don't know.

This is all me speaking. Gord may have a different opinion, or he may actually have actual facts.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the info; looking at the Pearl Islands news at TVShowsOnDVD, it looks like the official announcement came about two months before the release, and the cover art came about a month-and-a-half before that. I'm guessing a September release is most likely at this point, since that's when the next season will probably start.

I was really hoping that we'd get three seasons this year, but unless Palau comes out before August, I can't see it happening. :frowning:

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
I'm holding out hope for May but it sounds like September is more likely at the earliest, supposedly all the seasons of Survivor and TAR are eventually going to be released, I don't get why they're being released so slow and why there's so much secrecy around them, tying them into premieres and finales makes a lot more sense while both shows are still on the air and popular.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Over at Sucks, Coby (from Palau) posted tonight that he contacted CBS and they told him the Palau DVD comes out in May.

Hopefully they just haven't finalized the cover art or something and are waiting to announce it...

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

:angry: Guess what I forgot to do!!! :angry:

I've been so happy that I haven't been needing to remember to record All-Stars and Pearl Islands off OLN since I have the DVDs that it completely slipped my mind! Grrrrr!

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
I just want to know what the next season after Palau will be...I'm dying to see Africa again.

Dave or Gord, could you find out for us, as well as any more info and a timeframe for Palau? Thanks!

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
Thanks Anthony, that's not too far away, although I wouldn't be surprised if it gets pushed to September near the Season 13 premiere.

TimothyO

Agent
Has anyone here ever considered applying to an online survivor game? When I first saw the show I always wanted to be apart of it but since I'm too young I figured I'd look online to see if anyone hosted any online. There is actually a huge community out there of people who host online survivor games.

I figured I'd let everyone in this forum know since you guys obviously love the show..

Here's actually a link to a game accepting applications at the moment: http://p104.ezboard.com/fsurvivorleg...icID=4. topic

Mark Kalzer

Second Unit
Yeah I did a bunch back in my day. Made it as far as 5th place.

I had considerable more success in a version of 'the mole' in which I took 1st!

Problem with these games is that there is almost always a few people who apply and then ignore the game afterwards after getting in. Makes for far too many easy votes and rather dull Survivor.

Perhaps someone could organize a summer HTF survivor?

TimothyO

Agent
I'm actually hosting that particular game. I've been a ton of online Survivor games and have won a fair share of them. I have a lot of experience so that games going to be a real success.

Definitely don't be afraid of it being a dull inactive full game because I'll make sure that won't happen. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks