What's new

Superfriends on DVD? (1 Viewer)

Todd_B

Second Unit
I would snatch up this set in a heartbeat. Thanks for the info!

*does his best Black Vulcan impersonation*

Todd B

Gabe D

Senior HTF Member
Dave, if you know we shouldn't get our hopes up regarding season sets, does that mean you have insider knowledge that we can expect some non-season-set release in the near future?

BTW, "Superfriends" is my 4-year-old boy's absolute favorite show.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
Would season format really matter for this show?
I used to watch it a few years ago (CN was my default cable channel before I knew about TCM :D ) and they didn't seem to be very chronological. I might be wrong, but it would be good to know.

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
I think season format would need the best way to go here, especially since this show had six different incarnations according to Pazsaz. I could see Warner do a best-of first though just to see if it sells.

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
Toonzone.net just posted an article here. They are saying that it looks to street on April 22, 2003. No word on any specs though.
Chris S.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I picked up the Challenge of the Superfriends: Attack of the Legion of Doom
what a great disc.
Sure we're not getting season sets, but I love this DVD.
These cartoons are the best and are really taking me back.
Extras are:
Intro on each episode by story editor Jeffery Scott
Hallof Doom- gives little info on ech villian and then has an option to play a montoge video of that villian from numerous episodes.
Super Friend or Super Foe interactive game
Subtitles in English, French and Spanish
and Languages in English and Spanish.
and YES there is a PLAY ALL feature
And here is the complete episodes for the run of "Challenge"
CHALLENGE OF THE SUPER FRIENDS
1978 - 1979
Episodes: "Wanted: The Superfriends", "Invasion of the Fearians", "The World's Deadliest Game", "The Time Trap",
"Trial of the Superfriends", "The Monolith of Evil", "The Giants of Doom", "Secret Origins of the Superfriends",
"Revenge on Gorilla City", "Swamp of the Living Dead", "Conquerors of the Future", "The Final Challenge",
"Fairy Tales of Doom", "Doomsday", "Superfriends: Rest In Peace", "History of Doom"
So, it looks like 4 DVD releases for this run of "Challenge"
and we already have one with another one already announced.and they are being released in order too.
not too bad.
and here is a complete listing of all Super friends episodes.
http://fantasia.ncsa.uiuc.edu/Doug/s.../episodes.html

Matt.Koz

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matt Kozlowski
Challenge originally aired as an hour-long show with one episode with the scaled-down Superfriends w/ Wonder Twins followed by a Legion of Doom epsiode. Too bad we did not get the second half as there were some pretty good episodes:
THE DEMONS OF EXXOR
ROKAN: ENEMY FROM SPACE
BATTLE AT THE EARTH'S CORE
SINBAD AND THE SPACE PIRATES
PIED PIPER FROM SPACE
ATTACK OF THE VAMPIRE
THE BEASTS ARE COMING
TERROR FROM THE PHANTOM ZONE
THE ANTI MATTER MONSTER
WORLD BENEATH THE ICE
INVASION OF THE BRAIN CREATURES
THE INCREDIBLE SPACE CIRCUS
BATMAN: DEAD OR ALIVE
BATTLE OF THE GODS
JOURNEY THROUGH INNER SPACE
THE RISE AND FALL OF THE SUPERFRIENDS
Also, are the Challenge episodes on DVD edited? The running time seems a bit short for 1978. I know there was Schoolhouse Rock and PSA's plus those Safety Tips they used to air on SF so that may account for the short running time but the WB Television logo at the end of the episodes makes me suspicious that they used syndicated tv cuts.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I started to watch the Wanted: The Superfriends episodes. It is hard to watch compared to the better quality Batman:Animated episodes. Just in the fact the stories and production are so much better. It was funny they used the main character voices to play secondary characters and it sounded like they didn't even try to sound different from the main characters they voice. For example the 2 soldiers from Fort Knox guarding the door sounded exactly like Batman & Robin. :D
Don't get me wrong I am glad we are getting these cartoons. I hope they plan on releasing the later Superfriends episodes that had Firestorm and Darksied.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I hope they plan on releasing the later Superfriends episodes that had Firestorm and Darkside.
HELL YEAH!
But I also want these.(heck, I want them all!) PLEASE PLEASE WARNER BROS:)
titles in bold are my favorites
The World's Greatest Superfriends
1979-1980
Episodes: "Rub Three Times for Disaster", "Lex Luthor Strikes Back", "Space Knights of Camelon", "The Lord of Middle Earth", "Universe of Evil", "Terror at 20,000 Fathoms", "The Superfriends Meet Frankenstein", "Planet of Oz"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks