HTF DVD REVIEW: SUPERFRIENDS THE LOST EPISODES

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Timothy E, Aug 19, 2009.

1. Timothy E

Timothy E Supporting Actor
    Reviewer

Timothy Ewanyshyn
    [​IMG]

SUPERFRIENDS: THE LOST EPISODES

Studio: Warner Brothers
    Year: 1983
    Rated: Not Rated
    Film Length: 172 minutes
    Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
    Audio: English Mono,
    Portuguese Mono
    Subtitles: English, French, Portuguese

Release Date: August 11, 2009
    The Series
    ([​IMG][​IMG] out of [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] )
    The Superfriends was Hanna-Barbera Studios' cartoon version of the Justice League of

America. It ran on ABC-TV on Saturday mornings from 1973 through 1983. After its

cancellation in 1983, ABC brought back the Superfriends in 1984 and it lasted for

another 2 seasons before its final cancellation in 1986. The cancellation by ABC came

as a surprise to Hanna-Barbera since the series was so popular in foreign markets.

As a result, the 8 new half hour episodes produced for the 1983-1984 season never

aired on ABC, although these "lost" episodes did air at the time in Australia and other

overseas markets. Although the package art for this set announces "24 episodes on 2

discs", there are actually 8 half hour episodes consisting of 3 different stories in each
    episode.

2. David Rain

David Rain Screenwriter

Dave
    I haven't watched these shows in years so I'm wondering if all of the Super Friends (& the other similarly named shows) eps are now on DVD or is there still something missing ?

3. younger1968

younger1968 Cinematographer

paul young
    i believe 1973 superfriends has not been released. I am very interested in this series.

4. Corey3rd

Corey3rd Screenwriter

forgot the middle one:

actually it's three series that haven't been released: the '73 series, World's Greatest Super Friends from '79 which was 8 half hours and the batch of 42 shorts that ran from 80-81 that make up 14 twenty one minute episodes.