What's new
World Wide Stereo

stuffing. (1 Viewer)

John t.

Agent
Can anyone point to a site where I'd be able to see pics of how the stuffing looks inside a box. This to get an idea of how much stuffing is adequate for a given box.

thanks.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
There once was a Car Stereo Review article from Tom Nousaine that measured the increase or decrease in effective size by changing the amount of stuffing. Unfortunately the website that included the article is now gone.

However, being the pack rat that I am, I have a hard copy. Here's the chart from the article:

You can see how stuffing can really affect the overall "size" of the box. The article that went with these charts explained in more detail how this worked.

The summary was to stuff small enclosures - those about 3ft and under with 1.5 pounds per cubic foot. Larger boxes should get around 1 pound per cubic foot.

John t.

Agent
The aricle is not gone. It is still up and running. I can't post the link because the forum won't let me. I took a look at it but still don't know if the stuffing I put in my box is adequate. I would also post a direct link to the pics of the construction of my sub, but I can't. You can check my site to see if the stuffing is adequate or not. Click on the pics to make them a bit larger.

John t.

Agent
Thanks for putting the pic Dave.

The internal volume is 2.3 ft^3. It was built according to the PE specs. The outside dimensions are 19" x 19" x 19.5". The internal dimensions are 16" x 16" x 16.5". I had to account for the volume of the braces.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adityalbarrett
Recent bookmarks