What's new

STR-DN1000 (1 Viewer)

craigtr97

Auditioning
Real Name
craig riedeman
Hey guys,

I just bought a Sony STR-DN1000.

I have a Scientific Atlantica Explorer 8300HD for a cable box and a Sony BDP-S350 for DVD. They are hooked up to HDMI 1 and HDMI 2 (no seperate audio cables). My TV is a Sony KDL-52XBR6 hooked up via HDMI. All cables are the same 1.3b version.

The problem I am having is with the on screen display. I would like to see the volume on the screen, but can only do that when the GUI is on. The drawback is that when the GUI is on, it cuts out the picture. Is there a way to see the volume on screen when I am changing it while I am watching cable or blue ray???

Thanks in advance for any help.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Hey Craig! Welcome to the forum!

I don't an exact answer to your question...but I'm sure someone will be along soon who will.

I CAN tell you I've got an older Sony HT receiver--an STR-DE 445. It's about 10 years old (I really need to upgrade soon!). But it also doesn't display volume changes on screen...I need to see the display on the receiver itself to know where I'm at for volume. But I'm fairly sure that's not very useful information. Someone with better knowledge will be by...

(Mike's joints creak as he shuffles away...)

John Brill

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
The short answer is no, the STR-DN1000 does not overlay the GUI over video.

TVH950

Auditioning
Real Name
Tony han
I am new to this forum and very happy to see the STRDN1000 thread.

I have the same question as the originals poster: how do I get the receiver to show volume changes on my TV screen.

I use to hook my DVD player, ATSC Tuner, and AppleTV to my Sony HDTV using components cable and optical cables (no HDMI on this TV). With this setup, the receiver did display the volume changes on my TV.

Recently I swap out the Sony HDTV and upgraded to a newer HDTV with HDMI inputs. I still have my STRDN1000 and the three devices mentioned above are now connected via HDMI cables to the receiver (HDMI 1,2,3). From the receiver, I have a single HDMI cable going from the HDMI OUT to the new TV HDMI 1 port. This setup simplified my hookup tremendously but now the ON SCREEN VOLUME no longer shows up!!! I read through the manual but could not find any clues on how to turn the onscreen volume on. Any help would be greatly appreciated. It's driving me nuts!

Thanks,
Tony

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ontocloud9
Recent bookmarks