What's new

Eosone RSF 1000 Speakers setup (1 Viewer)

slider311

Auditioning
Real Name
Craig
I have a pair of Eosone RFS 1000 Speakers. They have in each speaker a pair of 10" subs (one powered by the internal 120w amp and one passive, powered by external amplification). They have 2 6.5" mid drivers...one firing forward and the other on the rear firing rearward. There is also 1 4" front facing mid. And a pair of 1" tweeters...one facing each way.

I cannot get the pair of 10" subs to work on either of the speakers. The mid drivers work along with the tweeters. The speakers did not come with an owners manual so not sure if i have this powered correctly.

In the back of each speaker there are switches for either to have the input as a speaker or processor. To the right of this there is either a input or output with the word processor above this. Then to the right of that is the volume control and frequency.

The speakers wires are attached to the bottom from the amp, with a gold metal connector from the top set to the bottom. Each speaker has a power cord for the amp that needs to be plugged in.

I've tried two configurations with running the sub output from my Sony STR-DN1000 to a two way splitter. Each then connected to the input in speaker mode. I've also tried running one wire from the sony output to one speaker to the input as the processor, and then from the same speaker going from the output from the speaker to the input of the other speaker with that speaker in speaker mode.

In any even I'm not able to get either the subs passive or powered working in both speakers. Looking for help to see if the setup is correct of if I need to make a change in my Sony settings.

Attachments

• Eosone.jpg
    Eosone.jpg
    837.5 KB · Views: 685

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
It appears to me that if you're using the subwoofer input you should set it to "Processor Mode". "Speaker Mode" would be fed a full range speaker level input and it would split off the sub frequencies. You could split it or daisy chain, whichever is easier. You need to adjust the volume level and I can't tell what that frequency knob is.

If the amps aren't turning on to feed the sub, they might be fried. Unfortunately. They should turn on automatically.

BTW, the second "sub" is probably a passive radiator, not a powered driver.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.