What's new

Still no word on "The Colby's" or "Dynasty: The Reunion"? (1 Viewer)

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
Get... out... I'm going to have to put Shout Factory on my Christmas card list - permanently. I mean, "Maude", "Facts of Life" and "The Nanny" was good enough, but "The Colbys" too? Wheeeee! Now I don't care if we ever get "The Reunion". This is much better!

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
Box art. Behold the fabulousness.

TheColbys_Complete.jpg

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
Hey, not bad. It had probably the better overall cast too, I think so anyway, apart from an old-school pro like John Forsythe in Dynasty. That's what made these shows watchable for me; the classic guest stars popping up like Paul Burke, Bradford Dillman, Joseph Campanella and Peter Mark Richman.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
I have no regard for the stories and plots but this will be an eventual must-own just to see Stephanie in action.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
I did too. I can hardly believe it. And you guys just barely started this thread, too. Wish it always turned out this way! Congratulations to all of you who've been waiting so long.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
By the way, this is from Jan 24, 2015. Just a few days ago....

Dynasty 2015.jpg

(l to r) Bo Hopkins, Katy Kurtzman, John James, Leann Hunley, Jack Coleman, Stephanie Beacham, Al Corley, Joan Collins, Gordon Thomson, Pamela Bellwood, Wayne Northrop, Kathleen Beller, Pamela Sue Martin, Maxwell Caulfield.

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
Sadly 7 very important people weren't available for this event, namely Linda Evans (Krystle), Diahann Carroll (Dominique), Emma Samms (Fallon #2), Heather Locklear (Sammy Jo), Michael Nader (Dex), Terri Garber (Leslie) and Catherine Oxenberg (Amanda).

Here's an article about the reunion: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2925695/On-screen-foes-Joan-Collins-81-Stephanie-Beacham-67-reunite-Dynasty-gathering-glamor-girls-barely-aged-day.html

I'd love for "Dynasty" to get a re-boot like "Dallas" did, focusing on the 'New Generation' of LB, Danny and Krystina; but also allowing the original cast to return.

classictvfan40

Second Unit
Real Name
Ron
I can't believe that Shout Factory would be the one to release this! This is awesome news!! I gave them a big shout out on Twitter for the release. I already pre-ordered my copy from Shout. Get it 3 weeks earlier and they are having a sell too…15% off the 83 dollar price with free shipping.

Real Name
Gerald
Thank you Classicmovieguy! What are the chances that you are asking for it and voila! We owe it all to you… :P In all seriousness, I honestly never expected this to come out and certainly not from Shout. That probably means it won't be remastered like Dynasty, but still…I'm just happy it's finally being released and with special features!

I'm buying this for two reasons:

1) Much like The reunion (now can someone release that?) for completeness sake. The show interwined with Dynasty a lot in its first season: crossovers and appearances from Blake, Steven and Dominique (giving her an actual storyline).

2) I actually like the show, I mean it's definitely soapy, over the top fun. It has a lot going for it: the introduction of the awesome Sable, the hotness know as Miles and the presence of the terrific actors like Charlton Heston, Barbara Stanwyck and Ricardo Montalban.

My problem with the show is the fact that it never tried to differentiate itself from Dynasty. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but it's just more of the same, they even recycle some of the same storylines.

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
LOL - I'm sure this set has been sitting in the pipeline for a while. My post was simply really good timing, like a well-aimed retort from Alexis or Sable.

What would be the proper viewing order when watching "Dynasty" in tandem with "The Colbys"? Starting off with the 2-part "Titans" episode from Season 6 of "Dynasty", is it then correct to start "The Colbys" and then basically alternate the 2 shows, episode for episode?

Real Name
Gerald
classicmovieguy said:
LOL - I'm sure this set has been sitting in the pipeline for a while. My post was simply really good timing, like a well-aimed retort from Alexis or Sable.

What would be the proper viewing order when watching "Dynasty" in tandem with "The Colbys"? Starting off with the 2-part "Titans" episode from Season 6 of "Dynasty", is it then correct to start "The Colbys" and then basically alternate the 2 shows, episode for episode?

Yes, that's the way to go.

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
dressedtokill said:
Yes, that's the way to go.
I thought so. There's a rather odd episode in the sixth season where Fallon unexpectedly returns after an incident with Miles, and just as quickly leaves again, with nothing much resolved. I'm guessing I'll find the missing puzzle-piece in "The Colbys". And it will be good to see more with Dominique.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks