What's new

Steven Spielberg's Director's Collection (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
Tino said:
If you're buying two or more the UK set is still the better deal.

MSRP is $19.99. The titles will be easy to acquire (at one point or another) for $9.99 or less. And since I already have about half the titles and I'm only interested in two others (Always & Duel), it's definitely cheaper for me to just wait and buy the singles.

Mark

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
I can understand why a lot of people are passing on 1941, but why so little interest in The Sugarland Express? It is an excellent film and easily the best of the four.

bruceames

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bruce Ames
I mainly wanted Duel and Sugarland Express, but I am interested (ie, wouldn't mind having) in Always and 1941 as well (although they are blind buys). So I'm still glad I bought the set for $41. Of course like everyone else I have the other movies in the set, but it never hurts to have backups, lol.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Mark-P said:
I can understand why a lot of people are passing on 1941, but why so little interest in The Sugarland Express? It is an excellent film and easily the best of the four.
Says you. Imo, 1941 is an underrated masterpiece. Sugarland Express is actually my least favorite of the four. ;)

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Tino said:
Which title are you getting Sam?

Oh, 1941; it's one of my favorite comedies of the 70s. I may get Sugarland too; but 1941 (which I have on DVD) has always been one of my must-have titles.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Sam Favate said:
Oh, 1941; it's one of my favorite comedies of the 70s. I may get Sugarland too; but 1941 (which I have on DVD) has always been one of my must-have titles.
Ooh. I have that DVD too. One of the worst transfers ever. So glad to have it on blu.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
In case anyone is still looking, the U.K. set is hovering at about $33 U.S. delivered.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Oh boy. Guess I have to finally buy this.

19.60 after an Alexa $5 credit.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks