What's new

Start to finish Home Theater Pics (1 Viewer)

no respect

Agent
Real Name
Randy Colin
URL=https://static.hometheaterforum.com/imgrepo/]
imgrepo
[/URL] Began this project in the early summerbut in reality I started nine years ago when I had the house built. After these nine years I've finally been able to finish .

no respect

Agent
Real Name
Randy Colin
At this stage I have insulation up, electrical donr, low voltage done and am putting up sounproofing. This was by Audiomute and is made from recycled tires.

no respect

Agent
Real Name
Randy Colin
Finished! Well almost. Still waiting for drapes. And during calibration found one speaker not working. Had to jump through all the hoops with Crutchfield to prove it wasn't something I did wrong. Still, sounds and looks great. Already watched the Blackhawks on it last night with the family.

Joel...Lane

Second Unit
Real Name
Joel
Looks great Randy. A few questions if you don't mind. Is your speaker wire run through pvc or is it bare? What color did you paint the ceiling? How does your soundproofing "sound?" I'm about to start mine and was thinking about double sheet rocking for soundproofing. What's your viewing distance? Can you run a pj or are you going to stick with the flatscreen? Is your sub on your stage and if so did you fill the stage with sand? Again, congrats on your room. Hope you enjoy it!

no respect

Agent
Real Name
Randy Colin
Thanks Joel. The wire is run through pvc. The ceiling is the same color as the walls. The soundproofing definitly has a deadening effect in that the sound from the speakers seems to have a softer 'feel' to it. It also does a great job of keeping the sound in the room.I think as long as you insulate your walls the double rocking will work just as well. For me, it was just too costly to have it double rocked. Viewing distance to the first row is a little over nine feet ,and 14 feet to the second row with the 55 inch screen. I'm not a projector kind o guy. Really love the plasma.If i wanted to I could run a pj as the power and low voltage runs right down the middle of the ceiling and I have access to it through a junction box that I had to leave accessable due to code. The stage is filled with sand and the sub is off the stage to the right of the right floor standing speaker.

Brian Dobbs

Ambassador
Real Name
Brian Dobbs
Great photos man. Thanks for the audiomute reference too. I'm looking to do something similar in my current project.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks