What's new

Stargirl (DC Universe/The CW) (1 Viewer)

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Besides all the bad things happening to Stargirl's friends, the child form of Eclipso really freaked me out. So, I took a break from watching it last year and recently found time to resume and finished it off tonight.

The finale was really good. I was quite surprised with the amount of time left in the episode after they defeated Eclipso. Lots of things were wrapped up and new groundwork for continuing the series.

I was wondering what happened to Starman and knew it had to be him at the door in the episode. As seen in the teaser it looks like he really will be around for a good chunk of the next season and should explain more.

I am psyched to see the new season which starts in a few weeks (August 31). Looks like I caught up just in time.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Good to have this one back. I enjoy its quirky sensibility and sunny Americana optimism.

I think Sylvester's going to have problems not falling back into his old bad habits, even as Courtney learns a lot from him.

I get why the others are suspicious of Cindy, given her track record, but Artemis Crock hasn't really done anything wrong. It's not her fault that her parents are (somewhat) functioning psychopaths.

It looks like this season is going to be a murder mystery.

ponset

Screenwriter
Real Name
scott
Great to have this show back.
So many good things happen in episode 1 of Season 3. 'A'
Sly and Pat flying together.
Courtney is very trusting.
The Crocks as intense neighbors. Artemis showing the skills.
The Gambler Returns. His former team mates don't care much about him.
He is looking for his daughter, Rebecca Sharpe.
In the comics Rebecca is his granddaughter.

1662016798675.png

1662016872541.png

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
I had some fun with the name of Gambler's daughter. When he was searching for her on his laptop, my wife said, "Hunh. Becky Sharpe. You do get the reference, don't you?" I got up, walked into the other room, and came back with the Kino blu-ray of the 1935 film Becky Sharp. She laughed, and said, "Why am I not surprised you have this?" She, however, didn't know about the film. She -- having been an English major -- just thought it was a reference to Thackery's Vanity Fair, which the film is based on.

As for the episode, there's definitely a lot of weirdness going on, what with seemingly a parade of villains wanting to "break good". I'm looking forward to seeing how this plays out.

ponset

Screenwriter
Real Name
scott
Nice seeing Dr. McNider again.
Sylvester name drops "Ted Knight".
Wish they would speed up this mystery a bit.

On a related note Brec Bassinger and Geoff Johns are up in Toronto visiting the TITANS set. Crossover?

1663830229117.png

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
I've recently seen a mention on the interwebs, which I'd chalked up as just a rumor so far, about there being some sort of crossover between Titans and the Greater Arrowverse. I assume that it's driven by a desire to get one more big crossover done before The Flash ends.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I am thinking that Cindy has developed multiple personalities and the non-Cindy one is responsible for this.

ponset

Screenwriter
Real Name
scott
Lea Thompson directed the latest episode.
Up to about the 40 minute mark, it felt the show was treading water, covering the same ground.
Then we got a WOWZER of a fight between Wildcat and Shiv with Hourman thrown in.

Sylvester mentions his sister again.
Wish we could get a flashback of Starman/Star Spangled Kid and Merry the Gimmick Girl fighting side by side.

1665642673159.png

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Lea Thompson directed the latest episode.
Up to about the 40 minute mark, it felt the show was treading water, covering the same ground.
Then we got a WOWZER of a fight between Wildcat and Shiv with Hourman thrown in.

I was rather surprising at how well Yolanda was doing against Cindy (before Rick joined in). Previous episodes never suggested she was anywhere near Cindy's martial skill level.

I'm wondering how long Rick's going to go before crashing. There's undoubtedly a reason why his dad put a time limitation into the hourglass. In the original Golden Age Hourman stories, the increased strength was from a pill he took (the hourglass was merely his "pill bottle"). By the time DC was doing more GA Hourman (Rick's father) stories in the 60s/70s, the idea of his taking pills was somewhat frowned upon, which lead to a narrative in which he had become addicted to them. I'm sure that something similar will be happening with Rick here.

Polbroth

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Taylor
They're getting into a roid rage thing with Hourman which fits his already hot-tempered persona.

This is the only CW show I watch - I just can't get into the others at all - but it's a doozy.

Magnificent first season - one of the best in TV history - then a shaky second, but definitely rebounding with this third, though the first set the bar so high that I don't think it can be reached again.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
With the sale of the CW, the end is nigh for all of their DC shows. The Flash is ending with the next season, which leaves only Superman and Lois, and it’s best chance is to be picked up by HBO MAX.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
That sucks. Season 2 was a step downward from Season 1, I thought, but this season seemed to be heading back in the right direction.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Just caught back up with the Infinity, Inc. (though that was only referred to in the title) two-parter. I really thought Helix was more sinister. Of course, her lying about Todd led us to believe that. I hope we'll see more of them, but I don't think there are enough episodes left and we now know there won't be a season 4.

Just refreshed myself with looking up Helix - first appearance Infinity, Inc. #17. They definitely had a few of their members in that facility.

My guess about Cindy a month ago turned out wrong and I have no idea who the puzzle maker is who is spying on them all.

The Deadline article says it will continue airing through December 7. The wikipedia page for the show has Episode 9 this week, #10 on Nov 9 and #11 on Nov 16. I wouldn't be surprised for no episode Thanksgiving week, which would leave us episodes on Nov 30 and December 6, so 13 in all, which is what they [wikipedia referencing the futon critic] have listed for the season. So, just 5 more to go.

Last edited:

ponset

Screenwriter
Real Name
scott
Tonight's ending scene. YEAH! Loving seeing this villain.
Always been a favorite.

SUCKS this series has been canceled. :angry:

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Just watched this week's episode. I was surprised by the ending there. Very nasty. I guess the two major villains are working together.

What I don't understand is why in all of the talks with the Mahkents, no one mentioned about the spying. Finding a common enemy would seem to be a good step.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Just watched this week's episode (Ep. 11 - The Haunting). A week off due to Thanksgiving and then 2 more left in the season (which is the end of series :( )

Just in case anyone had any doubts, it verifies that Jordan has been working with the Ultra-Humanite the entire time. We knew from the beginning of the season that there was a direct link between whoever was spying on them and whoever killed the Gambler. Until last episode, I thought they were one and the same. I think our heroes are so surprised by Jordan's returning that they haven't added everything up yet.

Icicle and Ultra-Humanite have been using each other for their own ends. I don't recall that Icicle had any real beef with the Crocks, so he did that on behalf of the Ultra-Humanite. Next, the Ultra-Humanite will attempt to kill our heroes but Icicle will "team up" with them so he can have some plausible deniability about his responsibility in the matter. I think his ultimate goal is to be the only one who walks away from the battle alive. Double-crossing everyone.

And that is my speculation. We'll see how it all turns out soon.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
My speculation is...
Ultra-Humanite will gain the upper hand, but will end up getting the snot beat out of him by a revived Solomon Grundy.

Something I've kept meaning to mention...someone in the production team must've really like the Nathaniel Dusk comic. Too many episodes this season have shown a Nathaniel Dusk movie playing at the Blue Valley movie house. It's probably Geoff Johns, as he used Dusk in his Doomsday Clock comic.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks