What's new

Stargirl (DC Universe/The CW) (1 Viewer)

ponset

Screenwriter
Real Name
scott
Low-Key but an enjoyable start to season 2.
Only part of disinterest for me was the scenes between Pat and Zeke.
Lots of Easter Eggs, this blog has quite a list.

GlennC

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Glenn
I quite enjoyed it but should have rewatched the last episode of season one to refresh my memory of what was going on.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
There has definitely been less action this season, but otherwise the show has made the transition from DC Universe to The CW more or less intact. It helps that Atlanta is one of The CW's production hubs, so the production didn't have to relocate like "Supergirl" did.

Lea Thompson directed the two most recent episodes, and she's a really good fit for the material. She gets the goofy tone of the series, where two serial killers can break out of prison to cheer their daughter on at tryouts. But she doesn't let the goofiness undercut the most serious moments, either.

ponset

Screenwriter
Real Name
scott
Seeing JOHNNY THUNDER and WILDCAT in the flashback made me day.
Ethan Embry played Johnny.
Brian Stepf played Ted Grant. Unable to find a photo of Wildcat. :(

JohnnyThunder.jpg

ponset

Screenwriter
Real Name
scott
That last episode was well done.
Long fight between the ISA and the JSA.
Eclipso finally revealing himself.
The Shade looking very dapper.

CW released a Summer School Poster. SWEET!

StargirlSummerSchoolPoster.jpg

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
It was an enjoyable episode.

I do wish it was lit better. I know they are trying for 'natural lighting', but the scenes in the hospital were underlit, and the garage scene (where they were discussing Cindy's return) were very dark. And these were daytime, interior scenes.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
So “athlete girl” doesn’t have any powers, does she?

Her giving Hour Man a good fight, while shrugging off getting her head smashed through multiple sinks and toilet bowls had me yelling WTF at the screen, and not in a good way.

Hopefully I’m mistaken and she is supposed to have super strength and durability. Can anyone clarify?

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
That last episode was well done.
Long fight between the ISA and the JSA.
Yeah, there have definitely been a lot fewer fights this season on a CW budget, but it was nice to see that they could really bring it again when there was one this week.

So “athlete girl” doesn’t have any powers, does she?

Her giving Hour Man a good fight, while shrugging off getting her head smashed through multiple sinks and toilet bowls had me yelling WTF at the screen, and not in a good way.

Hopefully I’m mistaken and she is supposed to have super strength and durability. Can anyone clarify?
I've been unclear about this myself. Certainly her parents are at peak physical prowess, on par with the top tier of Olympic athletes. So she inherited really athletic genes, and her parents have been training her basically since birth. But there have been a number of moments with her character that seemed to beyond that.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Yes, Artemis did seem more powerful and resilient than you would expect, but maybe the armor that she was wearing helped a lot.

Quite an intense episode. The kids should have been told more of what was going on so Stargirl wouldn't have made the mistake she did in releasing Eclipso. Still, without mistakes like that happening the series would be over. I've no idea how they can defeat Eclipso. The Shade will be back to help somehow. Maybe the Thunderbolt will return as well. Grundy? We still haven't seen anymore of Joel McHale's character. Also Dr. Midnight might get freed from the shadow dimension as well.

Thinking a little more, Grundy might be the ace in the hole that Rick involves in the final episode. If anyone can stomp Eclipso, Grundy might be the one.

ponset

Screenwriter
Real Name
scott
Starman and Wildcat sure treat Pat like dirt. :(
Glad Jay sticks for Pat.
Wish theJustice Society flashbacks was longer.
Maybe next season, as I see Joel McHale will be a regular.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Caught up with my backlog of episodes tonight so I could watch the season finale. Really enjoyed it. Even though this season definitely had fewer big action set pieces than the bigger budgeted first season, it still feels like the same show. I like that Courtney's even started to win some of the villains over.

Looks like the third season will be another subtitled story arc (Frenemies). It's coming in "2022". No word as to whether that's early 2022, summer 2022, or fall 2022.

Alex Collins has replaced Henry Thomas as Charles McNider aka Dr. Mid-Nite.
No reason that I could find why this has happen.
McNider was featured pretty heavily in the last few episodes of the second season. Given the constraints created by COVID, especially with international travel and quarantines, it probably just wasn't possible to get Henry Thomas back when they needed him.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Way behind. I need to catch up. In the midst of Eclipso messing up everyone one by one and was not in the mood for that.

ponset

Screenwriter
Real Name
scott
Brec dressed up as WILDCAT.
Wonder if she did this fun or for some reason she appears in the Wildcat costume during season 3.
Either way she looks good.

BrecWildcat.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks