What's new

Stargate Atlantis Season 3 (2 Viewers)

KyleC

Supporting Actor
I'm trying not to read ahead but could someone answer something for me? I'm currently at The Return Pt. 1 catching up. Why did they need the intergalactic bridge before the episode with McKay's sister? They had walked through the gate numerous times to Earth, so why the gate system?

Also, in the episode where Weir is summoned back to earth and then the IOA member comes back with her why did they need to go back on the Daedalus? Couldn't they have returned through the gate?

Is it just a power thing?

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

Mostly. The gate is a big power hog, and they don't exactly have a huge supply of ZPMs in reserve.

Jason

KyleC

Supporting Actor

That's what I was thinking too but they were doing regular status reports by opening the gate to send messages. If they did that why not just walk through and do it in person?

Arild

Supporting Actor
Atlantis has a ZPM (needed to open an intergalactic wormhole), Earth does not. So they can dial Earth and go through, but then they'll have to return by ship.

KyleC

Supporting Actor

Ahh ok, that makes more sense. Thank you, I've been watching these eps while doing other things so I might miss a few things. Earth has a ZPM but it's being used in the Antarctic chair right (or was that only after the Replicators failed invasion of Atlantis ep where they get 3 ZPMS)?

Arild

Supporting Actor
Earth had no ZPM before the Replicator invasion. Now they have two. One for the Antarctic chair and one for the Odyssey.

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
I finally caught last week's episode and yeah, it had a cool "Aliens" vibe to it. Even Shepheard mentioned it.

So Michael is back and with an army now. How many more episodes before the season finale?

KyleC

Supporting Actor

Thanks Arild. I only started watching SG-1 in season 9 so there's some things that I don't get. I'm going to go back and start from season 1 soon.

Arild

Supporting Actor
There isn't even an official date set for the start of season four yet, so I wouldn't expect it to be anytime "soon".

KyleC

Supporting Actor

According to IMDB it's July. A good portion of the first 6 episodes are already done. I just watched the interview with Paul McGillion and he said they started filming Season 4 in March. So there's no reason they will not have enough to start next month.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I find this VERY HARD to believe. That Sci-Fi is gonna start the next season of a series, within a month of the previous season ending.

I think Sept/Oct at the soonest and more realistically not until Jan or later next year.

Arild

Supporting Actor
Sorry, but IMDB is wrong. It will not begin in July. It usually does, but SciFi has decided to hold it back until some time in the fall (we don't know exactly when yet). The shooting schedule is really irrelevant.

KevinGress

Supporting Actor

I believe Arlild. I think I read on gateworld.net that S4 will begin in the fall.

This is a big change from the way they did start their Stargate seasons. They used to start in the summer (Jun/Jul), air until Nov, take a break for a month or 2 and then come back and finish up in March, then to start over again in a couple of month. I believe Sci-Fi took their cue from the way that Showtime used to air SG1.

KyleC

Supporting Actor
No comments yet? I for one will be sorry to see Weir go. I did like her character, and the actress. I hope Jewel Staite settles in well as the new doctor but I did like Carson. Season 4's premier will be a big change for the series. What did they do with the Ethosians on the planet, they never even mentioned them.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Another enjoyable episode.

I loved Dr. Becket and was sorry to see him go, but it is great that Jewel Staite is going to be on the show now. I had no idea she was joining the show so I was surprised (and happy) to see her.

I hope they don't just let Dr. Weir die. There is more dramatic potential down the line if she survives and resigns (as she seemed to already be planning). That way they have the option of using the character later if it would serve the story.

Are they still there? For some reason I have this impression that they left the planet at some point. Maybe I'm thinking of something else? But that can be a problem when they break seasons up in the middle like this.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks