What's new

Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1999) (1 Viewer)

Joe Wong

Senior HTF Member
Like I mentioned, circa 1999-2000, both Lucas and Spielberg were pretty adamant their "jewels" wouldn't hit DVD until the format reached enough players in use to be sufficiently "market saturated".

Yeah, I seem to recall it was a huge moment in DVD history when Saving Private Ryan was announced, in both DD and DTS versions.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace is returning to cinemas for a limited time on May 3rd, to celebrate its 25th anniversary.

GF-sCNYWoAAOeKL

Very cool news. I’ll take my sons for sure.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Traveling that day. Doh! At least I got to see it opening night (1999) at the UA Cinema 150 (single screen dome theater) in Little Rock. I was working the day advance tickets went on sale at the box office and they didn’t sell them online or over the phone, it was first come, first serve. Being as big a Star Wars fan as I, my friend Tamario drove three hours the night before from Fayetteville where he was going to school at UofA, slept on the sidewalk, and stood all day in the rain to get us tickets. We made the last showing opening night and it was awesome.

Last edited:

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I would imagine it would play through the weekend or even the week.
May the 4th is the Saturday of that weekend.

Desslar

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
Not really a fan of this one, but wonder what edits Lucas made this time. Some more Darth Maul footage could help.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks