What's new

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
Star Trek: The Motion Picture Director’s Edition in 4K is, to my mind, the perfect and ultimate way to experience and enjoy the crew of the Enterprise’s maiden big screen voyage. This release is nothing short of spectacular, perhaps only to be bested by the expensive Star Trek: The Motion Picture—The Director’s Edition—The Complete Adventure 4K Ultra HD (which I have on order), and which contains the “first-ever widescreen presentation of the Special Longer Version of Star Trek: The Motion Picture, originally created for broadcast television in 1983.”
The film has never looked better, and certainly never sounded better. The special features are generous and engaging. As unabashed lover of The Motion Picture, having enjoyed the film many times over the years and three times already in the past 12 months, I’ll gladly defend its importance to any naysaying Trek fan. If you’re even a slight fan of the film, you’ll want this version.

Star Trek: The Motion Picture...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Billy Joe I

Auditioning
Real Name
Billy Heltne
I remember waiting 4 hours in below zero weather to see this on opening day. (that is the American Midwest where winters can be brutal). I recall that everyone at the first showing was given a commemorative booklet about the movie. I wonder if I still have it? I bet it would go for quite a bit on eBay. The movie itself was not as good as 2,3, or 4 but we didn't know that at the time. We were just thrilled by new content and the special effects were awesome for the day (if you didn't look to closely to realize some of the back drops were painted.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I remember waiting 4 hours in below zero weather to see this on opening day. (that is the American Midwest where winters can be brutal). I recall that everyone at the first showing was given a commemorative booklet about the movie. I wonder if I still have it? I bet it would go for quite a bit on eBay. The movie itself was not as good as 2,3, or 4 but we didn't know that at the time. We were just thrilled by new content and the special effects were awesome for the day (if you didn't look to closely to realize some of the back drops were painted.
Paramount often had promotional materials to give out for it's films. I have/had one from II, III & IV (and AIRPLANE!) but they weren't booklets per se more like poster paper or board folded to equal approximately 8 1/2 X 11. Star Wars (TM LucasFilm LTD et al) Had a souvenir program for sale. I picked one up in the after-market and you could buy them from Fox directly at one time.

This
1662390110488.png
folded out to
This
1662390148347.png

I believe this is the one from TMP

I believe the first movie program I ever had was from another Wisely directed film: The Sound of Music a 1/4 sized replica was included in the box o junk edition of the blu-ray
1662390722149.png

Last edited:

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
I cancelled my Amazon pre-order for the TMP set. It has been showing delivery of October 31st for a while now, so I placed an order on BestBuy.com instead which has it for a similar price with free shipping and delivery on Friday.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Box came damaged. :(
Very flimsy. Disappointing
On phone with Amazon now.
That sucks Tino! My UK copy was delivered from Zavvi today. It managed to come all the way across the Atlantic AND the continent in perfect condition, plus it was delivered on release day. Effing Amazon! I hope you get it sorted.

IMG_7839.jpg

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
That sucks Tino! My UK copy was delivered from Zavvi today. It managed to come all the way across the Atlantic AND the continent in perfect condition, plus it was delivered on release day. Effing Amazon! I hope you get it sorted.

View attachment 152105
+1 I'm sure that a piece of bubble wrap kept all secure especially since USPS just tossed it over the gate :D!

As I mentioned in the other thread the blu-rays in the Zavvi set are Region A compatible. The Bonus(blu-ray) discis in a non-de script blue chipboard envelope.

1662530929067.png

Last edited:

Martin Dew

HTF News Editor
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Real Name
Martin Dew
We’ll that was unexpected. Amazon refunded the entire amount of my order $88 plus. And told me to keep the product. The outer box was damaged but inside contents were fine. :)
Amazon did that with me here in the UK a couple of weeks ago with Pink Floyd Pulse BD. No return, full refund!

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Amazon did that with me here in the UK a couple of weeks ago with Pink Floyd Pulse BD. No return, full refund!

Amazon does that at times, but usually on cheaper items.

Surprised they did a refund/no return for a pricier item like the collector's set.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks