What's new

Star Trek: Enterprise Season 4 (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

e4.jpeg

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Also Newly Available...

Last edited by a moderator:

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
The 4th season was the best of the show imho. It was not only good dramatically, but made some fascinating connections with TOS, TNG, etc. For instance, have you ever wondered why the Klingons didn't have forehead ridges in TOS? It's explained here....! lol

DaveHof2

Second Unit
Real Name
David Hofstede
Agreed - except for the final episode, which was one of the worst abominations in the Trek canon. I consider the outstanding two-parter with Peter Weller as the actual series finale.

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
So it is going to be released in two days but Amazon hasn't price matched Best Buy as of yet. Amazon still lists it for $75 while Best Buy has had it for $60 for several days now. I contacted Amazon and their response was that they don't guarantee a price match but they would look into it. I'll give it until Monday afternoon but after that it looks like a trip to the Best Buy store on Tuesday and a cancellation with Amazon.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Brad, from our experience with Amazon and releases, the price drop with happen sometime on Tuesday. I'm not guaranteeing this is going to happen, but that has been the trend for all their releases. I frankly would not count on Best Buy for anything at any time. They have a terrible track record, at least for me, of having a new release on Tuesday per their weekly ad. I hope your experience is better than mine (and others) has been. Worst case scenario is you cancel your Amazon order, you don't get it at BB and then re-order from Amazon if/when the price falls.

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
It was released today and Amazon has not matched the Best Buy price. So I cancelled my order with Amazon and did a store pickup with Best Buy for $64 (with tax). Most of the Best Buys in my area have it in stock. The store pickup makes it very easy to ensure it will be there waiting. I suppose Amazon could still match the price but given they haven't yet and could start shipping at any moment I didn't want to chance it.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
smithbrad said:
It was released today and Amazon has not matched the Best Buy price. So I cancelled my order with Amazon and did a store pickup with Best Buy for $64 (with tax). Most of the Best Buys in my area have it in stock. The store pickup makes it very easy to ensure it will be there waiting. I suppose Amazon could still match the price but given they haven't yet and could start shipping at any moment I didn't want to chance it.
Brad, per my post right before yours, Amazon typically reduces the price on Tuesday, when the disc is actually released. I won't be concerned about this until I go to bed tonight and the price isn't adjusted. And really, if the price match doesn't come, it won't be the end of my world. I get enough deals from Amazon to make up for one title not being adjusted.

My copy from Amazon should be waiting for me when I get home.

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Jason_V said:
Brad, per my post right before yours, Amazon typically reduces the price on Tuesday, when the disc is actually released. I won't be concerned about this until I go to bed tonight and the price isn't adjusted. And really, if the price match doesn't come, it won't be the end of my world. I get enough deals from Amazon to make up for one title not being adjusted.

My copy from Amazon should be waiting for me when I get home.
As of the time I last posted (this morning) to right now it no longer says pre-order and still has the same price, so I have to assume that means it is released at this price. My general recollection is that when Amazon price matches Best Buy or Walmart that the price change happens shortly after they discover the difference. For example, LHOTP's price match did not wait until the release date to change, it happened weeks before. And with past Star Trek orders I don't recall waiting to the last minute to find out.

That's fine if the price difference is no issue for you, my post wasn't directed at a single person, but to inform any that might be interested so that they will still have time to check out other options before it potentially ships at the higher price. For me, and possibly others, the difference in price is enough to be worth picking it up from Best Buy when I'm already out running errands.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Oh, I know it wasn't for me specifically. The Amazon price match, though, is good through the end of release day, not the shipping time. If it was shipping, mine went out on Saturday

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Well, it's 7:30 pm here in the west coast and Amazon still has not matched Best Buy. Amazon will not have my business if I don't see a price change.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I emailed Amazon about the lack of price matching Season 4 of Star Trek Enterprise to Best Buy's $59.99 price. The long 4 paragraph response basically said no, we can't price match this title because of sales volumes and or any special rates they get from the supplier were not available on this title. Kind of a surprise in that Best Buy thinks it can get the volume of sales.On the other hand, the answer did not surprise me at all as they probably don't see Enterprise as a very big seller. Well, Best Buy gets my hard earned dollar this time.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I'm disappointed, honestly, in this one. But I'm not nearly to the point of writing a negative review of the set like some people have on Amazon.

Amazon didn't have to price match and I was using their past history as an indicator of what might happen. Oh well, it could be worse.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Jason, the bad part a review for Season 4 on Amazon should be the lack of price matching! Well, maybe the final episode too. :) But yes, I recently got Amazon Prime too so I won't be able to use it this time, disappointing for sure. This is the best season of the series so you'd think sales for it would be relatively good compared to other Enterprise season blu ray sales.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Jason_V said:
I'm disappointed, honestly, in this one. But I'm not nearly to the point of writing a negative review of the set like some people have on Amazon.

Amazon didn't have to price match and I was using their past history as an indicator of what might happen. Oh well, it could be worse.
That may be the stupidest thing I have ever seen.

I can see giving the set one star because you hated the final episode, or because the theme song sucked, or because Scott Bakula didn't leap out at some point, or for a technical flaw with the discs. But Amazon's pricing of the set has nothing whatsoever to do with the set, and is no reason to knock the actual box set.

/personally, I reserved my copy at Moviestop, and I hope they price match Best Buy when I go in to pick it up.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
This is the comment I read last night.

I BOUGHT THIS KNOWING THE PRICE WAS 74.96., I BOUGHT THE OTHERS IN THE SERIES AND THE PRICE DROPPED WITH AMAZON ON THE DAY OF SALE TO AROUND 55.00 DOLLARS. GREAT DEAL, WELL NOT THIS TIME, I WENT WITH AMAZON AND GOT BURNED. NO PRICE ADJUSTMENT, I CALLED AND THEY SAID NO SUCH LUCK. WAS JUST AT BEST BUY AND THEY HAD IT FOR 56.99 - MORALE TO THE STORY SHOP AROUND.....................

A reply comment...

If you want to give the set 1 star because the final episode sucked, or you hated the theme song remix, or because the blu-ray discs weren't shiny enough, that's one thing. But what the hell does Amazon's pricing have to do with anything? You don't like it, buy it somewhere else. But it's no reason to knock the box set because ZOMG WUN STAR AMAZON NO PRICE CHEAP ENOUGH.

I love this world. :)

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Jason_V said:

I BOUGHT THIS KNOWING THE PRICE WAS 74.96., I BOUGHT THE OTHERS IN THE SERIES AND THE PRICE DROPPED WITH AMAZON ON THE DAY OF SALE TO AROUND 55.00 DOLLARS. GREAT DEAL, WELL NOT THIS TIME, I WENT WITH AMAZON AND GOT BURNED. NO PRICE ADJUSTMENT, I CALLED AND THEY SAID NO SUCH LUCK. WAS JUST AT BEST BUY AND THEY HAD IT FOR 56.99 - MORALE TO THE STORY SHOP AROUND.....................

A reply comment...

If you want to give the set 1 star because the final episode sucked, or you hated the theme song remix, or because the blu-ray discs weren't shiny enough, that's one thing. But what the hell does Amazon's pricing have to do with anything? You don't like it, buy it somewhere else. But it's no reason to knock the box set because ZOMG WUN STAR AMAZON NO PRICE CHEAP ENOUGH.

I love this world. :)
I actually cleaned things up when I posted virtually the same thing here.

There are a lot of things I can see giving a set a one star review for, even if I disagree or think they're stupid reasons. But the price being more than somewhere else on release day?

And what good will that review do anyone in 6 months when the set is down to 50 bucks for Black Friday?

Pointless. Go complain to Amazon directly instead of polluting the reviews of the set.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Jason_V said:

...MORALE TO THE STORY SHOP AROUND.....................
I realize I'm nitpicking an anonymous Amazon reviewer but it's "moral of the story" not "morale to the story". If someone is going to post nonsense on Amazon, they should at least learn to spell. :)

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
One of the other Enterprise blu-ray seasons (and I can't recall which one) went for $70 or so and was not discounted to what we consider normal levels upon release. I guess Enterprise doesn't sell as many copies as TNG (no surprise there).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks