What's new

Stanley Cup Finals in HD (1 Viewer)

Rob TT

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone see this? It was on ABC and looked so good. I cant wait until Comcast gets ESPN HD. I think Hockey will benefit the most from this. The picture always looks so bad. I dont know if its the color of the ice or what.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Yes I did. It looked outstanding. I don’t get ESPN in HD either. And I’m not sure that I’d sign up if it cost extra.

Rob TT

Stunt Coordinator
I think that they did this for the people who dont have ESPN HD yet. Give the a little taste of what they could have if Comcast would sign them up. I noticed a lot of commercials lately saying "call you cable provider"
depends on how much more it was if any. Im paying $5 dollars right now for about 5 HD channels. They should make it $1 a channel. I would love to see Hockey and Nascar in HD all the time.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
I get my HD (right now) via DirectTV and OTA. OTA is of course free and as I already pay for HBO, I don’t consider that I pay any extra for HBOHD.

But if it were only $1 for ESPNHD, there would be no question. DirecTV just has to offer it first.

James Zubb

Stunt Coordinator
I love hockey in HD, I can actually see the puck all the time! I so often loose track of the puck on SD broadcasts that I often just stop watching.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
The games in HD on ABC looked great, even though I had to listen to ABC's crappy announcers. CBC's Hockey Night In Canada is much better in this regard. I tried watching ABC's HD picture with CBC's audio, but there is a couple of seconds delay on the ABC video -- the CBC play-by-play would describe a play, then a few seconds later I would see it on the screen.

BTW, the NBA Finals starts tonight, and will also be in HD on ABC.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Well Scott, at least you can listen to the CBC, where the announcers have some respect for the fan’s knowledge.

Robin Warren

Second Unit
CBC is hit or miss. The duo of Bob Cole and Harry Neale make me swear in frustration at their sheer ineptitude. They really need to retire those two clowns. I much prefer Chris Cuthberts call then Cole.
ABC is actually quite nice to watch. The HD really helps and since CBC is a long way from HD it is probably the only way a Canuck like me can see HD Hockey.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks