What's new

Press Release SPHE Press Release: In The Line of Fire (1993) (4k UHD) (1 Viewer)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Hey guys, as an aside story about this movie, I’ve always admired JFK as President and his exploits in WW2. I haven’t read all the books about him or the assassination so I don’t follow all the details. A little while back I came across a video on YouTube that was an interview with two secret service agents that were on Kennedy’s detail that day in Dallas. The interview was with Gerald Blaine, Clint Hill and the author Lisa McCubbin. Blaine felt it was time to tell the real story of that day in a book with facts only from the agents who were there.

What was interesting was one of the agents did not want to be involved in the book. His name was Jack Ready and it was his face that was replaced with Clint Eastwood’s in the black and white photo at Dallas. Jack Ready didn’t like how Hollywood portrayed the character as someone who felt he was a failure that day and I guess he didn’t like that he was considered someone who failed that day. That was a fascinating story as I was curious who Clint Eastwood’s face replaced in that photo and didn’t expect to hear a story like that. The assignation really took a tool on those agents and they really did wish they could have done more.

The book is called The Kennedy Detail: JFK Secret Service Agents Break Their Silence.

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
Hey guys, as an aside story about this movie, I’ve always admired JFK as President and his exploits in WW2. I haven’t read all the books about him or the assassination so I don’t follow all the details. A little while back I came across a video on YouTube that was an interview with two secret service agents that were on Kennedy’s detail that day in Dallas. The interview was with Gerald Blaine, Clint Hill and the author Lisa McCubbin. Blaine felt it was time to tell the real story of that day in a book with facts only from the agents who were there.

What was interesting was one of the agents did not want to be involved in the book. His name was Jack Ready and it was his face that was replaced with Clint Eastwood’s in the black and white photo at Dallas. Jack Ready didn’t like how Hollywood portrayed the character as someone who felt he was a failure that day and I guess he didn’t like that he was considered someone who failed that day. That was a fascinating story as I was curious who Clint Eastwood’s face replaced in that photo and didn’t expect to hear a story like that. The assignation really took a tool on those agents and they really did wish they could have done more.

The book is called The Kennedy Detail: JFK Secret Service Agents Break Their Silence.
The film was famous at the time for showing Clint Eastwood choking back tears in a scene with Rene Russo, recalling his character's failure to take a bullet for JFK. It was the first time the actor, until then, famous for his tough-guy profile on screen, was shown teary-eyed, in a movie. The end credits crawl list a number of secret service advisors for the film and even has the Secret Service logo. So it was obviously made with the full cooperation of the organisation.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I have not seen this film in a few years, so I’ll add the 4K disc to my collection.

I didn’t think the film was doing anything that made the Secret Service not want to support it. From the interview, Gerald Blaine said Mr. Ready just didn’t like that depiction of an agent and didn’t want to participate in a book, that possibly might be used by Hollywood.

OliverK

Senior HTF Member
Up on caps-a-holic now.
The improvement over the dated Blu-ray is quite shocking and one of the biggest that I have seen for a major studio title:

https://caps-a-holic.com/c.php?a=1&x=510&y=314&d1=16025&d2=15768&s1=170625&s2=166447&l=0&i=6&go=1

https://caps-a-holic.com/c.php?a=1&x=458&y=304&d1=16025&d2=15768&s1=170620&s2=166418&l=0&i=1&go=1

https://caps-a-holic.com/c.php?a=1&x=666&y=266&d1=16025&d2=15768&s1=170619&s2=166406&l=0&i=0&go=1

The blown out brighter parts of the picture are not a good indication how the UHD looks but the detail and colors speak for themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks