What's new

Specs for Aladdin Platinum Edition Annouced - Should we start emailing Disney now? (1 Viewer)

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
But I thought I read it was changed on later pressings of the soundtrack. True?

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
But I thought I read it was changed on later pressings of the soundtrack. True?

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
Can someone clarify something for me. On DVDFile, they state that the movie will be featured in "anamorphic widescreen, family-friendly 1:66:1". Now what I'd like to know is if that is in fact the OAR, or has it been altered. It's the "family friendly" phrasing that confuses me. Mainly because when 'Roger Rabbit' was released (Vista Series), it consisted of a "family friendly" disc containing the full version.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
Can someone clarify something for me. On DVDFile, they state that the movie will be featured in "anamorphic widescreen, family-friendly 1:66:1". Now what I'd like to know is if that is in fact the OAR, or has it been altered. It's the "family friendly" phrasing that confuses me. Mainly because when 'Roger Rabbit' was released (Vista Series), it consisted of a "family friendly" disc containing the full version.

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter
While exhibited in 1.85:1 for theaters, the film was made using the CAPS system, which is 1.66:1. The original laserdiscs were presented using the CAPS aspect ratio.

"Family friendly" widescreen? "Wal-Mart black-bar pissed-off parent"-friendly widescreen, you mean...

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter
While exhibited in 1.85:1 for theaters, the film was made using the CAPS system, which is 1.66:1. The original laserdiscs were presented using the CAPS aspect ratio.

"Family friendly" widescreen? "Wal-Mart black-bar pissed-off parent"-friendly widescreen, you mean...

brentl

Senior HTF Member
I waited this long and they are throwing crap like the extra song and changing lyrics that's bad!!

I have a hard time being excited about this now.

B

brentl

Senior HTF Member
I waited this long and they are throwing crap like the extra song and changing lyrics that's bad!!

I have a hard time being excited about this now.

B

Paul Hillenbrand

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul Hillenbrand
Keith Paynter wrote in post #13:
Can someone explain to me the CAPS system. Is this similar to Full Frame?

Paul

Paul Hillenbrand

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul Hillenbrand
Keith Paynter wrote in post #13:
Can someone explain to me the CAPS system. Is this similar to Full Frame?

Paul

Julian Lalor

Supporting Actor

The lyrics were changed years ago and the original lyrics have never appeared on any version of the film on home video, so there's no surprise there. You'll have the option of watching the movie without the additonal song, as you did with Beauty and the Beast and Lion King. It's just a gimmick.

Julian Lalor

Supporting Actor

The lyrics were changed years ago and the original lyrics have never appeared on any version of the film on home video, so there's no surprise there. You'll have the option of watching the movie without the additonal song, as you did with Beauty and the Beast and Lion King. It's just a gimmick.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
It's Disney's digital coloring system for their animated films. I didn't realize it was designed for a specific aspect ratio, though I suppose that makes sense.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
It's Disney's digital coloring system for their animated films. I didn't realize it was designed for a specific aspect ratio, though I suppose that makes sense.

Paul Hillenbrand

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul Hillenbrand
As I asked in post # 16, is the 1.66:1 ratio of Aladdin, similar/comparable to a full frame version of the movie that was exhibited @ "1.85:1 for theaters", where it was matted for the theaters?

If this is the case, I would be satisfied, because I could have the full frame matted to the theatrical OAR of 1.85:1 on my home theater screen.

Paul

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks