What's new

Speaking of men and women... (1 Viewer)

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Since we have had a few threads here recnelty about "men and women", I thought maybe syou'd find this article from the current issue of The Onion funny (I did):
Thin, Attractive Woman Accepted For Who She Is
DALLAS—In a world too often filled with hatred and intolerance toward those who are different, 23-year-old Kristin Petrie is accepted for who she is: a natural blonde with a dazzling smile and spectacular body.
"I don't know how to describe it, but Kristin has this special, magnetic quality," said Ron Angelo, Petrie's supervisor at ExecuTech, a Dallas-based headhunting firm where the willowy beauty works as a corporate recruiter. "When Kristin arrived here, she had zero recruiting experience. But did she let that stop her from landing the job? Absolutely not. Kristin is determined not to let her shortcomings keep her from succeeding. And you know what? They rarely do."
Petrie has been able to overcome numerous setbacks since joining the ExecuTech team, including frequent error-filled reports.
"Kristin tends to be a little hard on herself when she makes mistakes, but we're always saying, 'Don't worry about it; you're doing great,'" said coworker Brett Graves, who has never verbally acknowledged Petrie's 22-inch waist or pert, C-cup breasts. "After all, we've all got our strengths and weaknesses, and it's important to live with that."
Graves was alluding to a June incident in which Petrie accidentally recommended the wrong person for a high-level position at Revlon cosmetics.
"It was very unfortunate, yes, and Kristin was extremely sorry," Angelo said. "But she wasn't to blame for it, really. I admit I gave her more than she could cope with. The file folders she was given were too similar-looking. Thankfully, she recognized the mistake when she received a call from the Revlon people asking why she'd sent the wrong person, and she immediately set out to fix what could have been a disastrous situation. Again, I think it's part of that special quality she has that no one can put their finger on."
Continued Angelo: "Kristin was practically in tears and said that if I wanted to fire her, she'd understand. But I said that we wouldn't have hired her if we didn't think she had the goods to succeed. When dealing with people, you have to learn to take the good with the bad. We're all different, but it's those differences that make each of us special."
Like her coworkers, Petrie's friends accept her for who she is.
"Kristin can be a bit forgetful," said Leslie Barrow, Petrie's best friend since high school. "One time, she forgot to pick up Gail and bring her to her surprise birthday party. She picked up Gail's cake from the bakery but not Gail. Incredible."
"When Kristin realized her mistake," Barrow continued, "she blushed and said, 'Oops, my bad!' We had to put off the party nearly two hours as Kristin went back for Gail. But somehow, when her face went red and her long, silky blonde ponytail bobbed around as she scanned the room for our reactions, we couldn't stay mad at her. 'That's our Kristin!' we thought."
Another longtime acquaintance, Adam Streed, said he is proud to claim Petrie as a friend, warts and all.
"I truly believe that the key to happiness is acceptance," Streed said. "I mean, ideally, everybody could stand to be a little smarter or more responsible or conscientious. But nobody's perfect, so why not focus on what's good about a person? In Kristin's case, her strong points are her warmth, friendliness, and sense of humor. I only wish more people were like her."
Streed added that he is so tolerant of Petrie, he wouldn't mind if she were to accidentally lock his keys in his car. He also reportedly wouldn't mind if, one day, she unexpectedly put her arm around his neck and French-kissed him, slowly massaging his crotch with her free hand.
/Mike

James Nguyen

Second Unit
lol...
biggrin.gif

niiiice.....think however I'll duck and go hide in the corner as the sparks fly regarding this post...

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
I thought this was the best article in the current issue. And remember; it's funny because it's true!
------------------
My top ten movies that need to be on dvd:
1. Akira Kurosawa's Dreams 2. Freaks 3. Men With Guns 4. The Ninth Configuration 5. The Reflecting Skin 6. Santa Sangre 7. Treasure of the Sierra Madre 8. Voyager 9. White Heat 10. Wings of Desire

Shayne Lebrun

Screenwriter
In what way? Maybe not being perceived as intelligent as you are. If that is the case, that can put the attractive person at pretty strong advantage if finessed properly

Last job I was in, I was interviewing co-op students. Well, the best of the bunch just happens to be this absolutely drop-dead gorgeous blonde (also an anime fan! Can't go wrong there!) (Hi Jess!) Well, I was afraid to hire her. Why? Hot college chick. I knew that there would be snickers and insinuations.
And I was right. I was told by a concerned co-worker that there were even rumours about why we were often locked up in the server room; hard to believe that IT staff might have things to do in a server room, I know.
She was great, though; hard worker, good study, blah blah blah.
[Edited last by Shayne Lebrun on October 31, 2001 at 04:19 PM]

Bhagi Katbamna

Supporting Actor
Beleive me, she will get a lot more job offers than someone who is unattractive.
I read a business advice column in Forbes that said "as far as upper management, if you are an obese female, forget it."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks