What's new
World Wide Stereo

Speaker Opinions (1 Viewer)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

ken-m

Agent
I AGREE WITH RALPH. I LISTENED TO THE ATHENA'S TOO AND I LIKED THEM BETTER THAN THE JBL'S. THEY SOUNDED SO SMOOTH AND VERY CLEAR. I OWN POLK SPEAKERS AND I LOVE THEM, BUT I WOULD PUT THE ATHENA'S UP AGAINST MY POLKS OVER JBL ANY DAY.

Kevin G.

Second Unit
Hey Patrick,

I have just upgraded, and everyone here was so helpful,

The Paradigms were definitely the choice for me...I listened and listened and listened and.....Finally settled on the Focus and cc270(Matched to the focus w/the same woofers and tweets) for center and well worth the $$ at 500.00. Invest in the front sound stage, there's where your money would be best spent. Then if you can swing another 125.00 take a look at the dayton 10" @ parts express
the Focus do need a sub (or if you prefer, the les expensive titan.) but the clarity is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!!!!!!

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
Congratulations on your purchase. It is fun to relisten to CDs to rediscover the music you have been missing. Enjoy.

Ralph B

Supporting Actor
I just picked up a CC-370 center channel to match. my JBL center just ruined the sound to the point I had to turn it off.

Patrick++

Auditioning
just for an update: i snuck in to the local best buy this morning when it was relatively quiet. i listened to a pair of the JBL n24ii's and a pair of E20's... the E20's were decent, but no more than decent. the dispersion was terrible on them. walking around a bit in front of them, the volume and tone were all over the place. bleh.

so at this point i'm looking at a pair of titans and a sub or a pair of phantoms... leaning toward the phantoms because the extra $100 for stands with the titans would really ruin my receiver budget. not buying until after xmas though, so i've got a couple weeks to ponder.

ps- while posting this my new turntable arrived :D toys toys toys!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunday Billy
Recent bookmarks